Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you show me your cotton seed feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put one out two weeks ago here in East Texas. Nothing has touched it as of yet. I Still have hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
      I put one out two weeks ago here in East Texas. Nothing has touched it as of yet. I Still have hope!
      Put a spotlight on it. [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
        When we first started feeding cottonseed, it took a couple of months for them to figure it out. We have been feeding it from Jan. 1st through end of August every year for the past 5 years and now they eat through a basket of cottonseed (250-300lbs) every 30 days or so depending on the native browse. It may be more difficult and take longer for them to take to it in East Texas because there is a lot more rainfall and more browse readily available.

Comment

We built these. They work great!

Comment

Also repurposed some old Lehman protein feeders to make some cotton feeders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did you find to buy cottonseed in Bosque County? Do they sell in bulk or only in bags? Thanks,

Comment

Doss those look good

Comment

Dosshunter. Those look great. Seems less falling out than my simple cages and off the ground.
                  Good job

Comment

Originally posted by dosshunter View Post

Do you have any pictures of these in action? I'm curious if you used the standard 4x2 fence and whether or not the cottonseed falls out when the deer are grabbing a bite to eat. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dosshunter View Post

I love this design

Comment

Working...
                      X