Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear all weather rest

Anyone running one on there Bob lee?
    I’m trying to see if it’s worth messing with?
    I don’t really Like shooting off the shelf, but will continue to do so if y’all say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot off the shelf on my longbows but I have not had great luck shooting my Bob Lee directly off a rug or Velcro on the shelf. I've had better flight with a feather rest I bought at Three Rivers. At the Texas Recurve Championship I was talking to a guy - really good shooter - who uses a Bear Weather rest on his Bob Lee. I bought one to try out but have not mounted it yet. Some will tell you off the shelf is the only way to go for a trad bow but for hunting accuracy I'm willing to try just about anything.
    Last edited by jerp; 06-23-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

We use to use them long ago. They just wear out to fast for my liking. There are better options out there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Like these. Check out 3riversarchery.com for more.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210623-100617_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	24654268Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210623-100714_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	24654269

Comment

I'm using a stick on rest that came with my SWA bow.

Was considering going straight off the shelf.

But..... arrow flight is better w a rest?

Gonna look into that feather rest from 3R's.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
            I'm using a stick on rest that came with my SWA bow.

Was considering going straight off the shelf.

But..... arrow flight is better w a rest?

Gonna look into that feather rest from 3R's.

Yup or at least that’s what I’ve heard…

Comment

I shoot a fishing line rest on my Lees. I always shot of the shelf with feathers but switched to vanes and get better flight off the fishing line rest.

Comment

Heard lots of good things on the feather rests.

Comment

Originally posted by CEpperson View Post
                  I shoot a fishing line rest on my Lees. I always shot of the shelf with feathers but switched to vanes and get better flight off the fishing line rest.

What is a fishing line rest? Haven’t heard of this yet, and may be something worth looking at as I recently made a set of arrows for my bob lee with tradvanes for those rainy days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradhunter97 View Post
                    What is a fishing line rest? Haven’t heard of this yet, and may be something worth looking at as I recently made a set of arrows for my bob lee with tradvanes for those rainy days.

Zoom in on the pic in my post. It’s exactly what it sounds like. It’s just a bundle of fishing line that serves as an elevated rest. The weather rest don’t hold up and I don’t like the other options on the market so I went with the fishing line rest. I’ll try to send you a link on how to build one. My riser is tapped for it so that may change your mind if you don’t want a hole in your riser.

Comment

Thanks, I like the idea, just not crazy about putting a hole in my wood riser!

Comment

Definitely gonna give it a try on my other risers though.

Comment

Hey Sergio, I picked mine up at our local Bass Pro for like 10 bucks. They work, you’ll just have to move your nocking point and tune. There’s better ones out there too.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                            Hey Sergio, I picked mine up at our local Bass Pro for like 10 bucks. They work, you’ll just have to move your nocking point and tune. There’s better ones out there too.

I have One I just haven’t put it on cuz I wanted to make sure it was worth my while

Comment

Working...
                            X