Rural Real Estate Agent Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a rant, but I figured I’d get more eyeballs with the title of the thread. This is really just a positive review for TBH’s very own Chance Love. I reached out to Chance in December of 2018 wanting to meet with him about finding a place in the Hill County. I told him what was important to me and that ultimately this would be a place that I’d retire to down the road and we were off to the races.

The desired piece of property: 30+ acres, but more than 50 was preferred, not part of a “planned” ranch community, 60-90 minutes from my current home in NW Austin, well and electricity in place, existing home not important, but it needed to have options for a good home site (elevation, etc.), more hardwoods, less cedar, large neighboring tracts, water tanks, etc. So basically I was looking for the perfect place in the Hill Country.

I’ll spare you the agonizing details about lack of good inventory that fit my requirements, a frigid February morning touring properties, a seller and his agent who were easily offended and could never make up their mind as to whether or not they really wanted to sell the property, etc., but with Chance’s help we stayed the course and we finally came to terms. A few weeks back I closed on 90 acres a few miles outside of Llano. The property has two wells, electricity on site, 1.5 acre tank, zero cedar, plenty of hardwoods, some great building sites and neighbors on much larger places than me.

Chance was great and I’d recommend him to anybody looking for their own piece of paradise.

Thanks again Chance for all your help and support on this.

Good stuff!! Congratulations. You and I have almost identical requirements. I'm about a year away from having enough cash saved up for a good down payment on something similiar and will definitely look up Chance when the time comes. Congrats again and enjoy!

Comment

Congrats...but we need some pics.

Comment

Sounds like some Llano County paradise to me. Congratulations on finding the perfect place in God's country.

Comment

Nice - great area with tons of game. We're a little West of Enchanted Rock in between Llano and Fburg and I absolutely love the entire area.

Congrats.

Comment

Click bait

Comment

We bought our family place through Chance. Great experience.

He said something that was refreshing. "I may try and talk you out of a piece of property but never into one"

Comment

tldr.

I've got some things about Chance I need to rant about as well....

He hasn't been back out to our place a single time to help with any of his "good ideas" he had while we were looking.

Congrats on the new place!

We are right down 2323 and also have a house in town on the river - give a yell if you need anything.

Comment

Congratulations on your new 90 acres! Chance has always shown himself to be one of the good guys on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    tldr.

I've got some things about Chance I need to rant about as well....

He hasn't been back out to our place a single time to help with any of his "good ideas" he had while we were looking.

Congrats on the new place!

We are right down 2323 and also have a house in town on the river - give a yell if you need anything.
                    No kidding.

Chance will just set you up in a nice ranch and then when the work starts he's long gone!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      No kidding.

Chance will just set you up in a nice ranch and then when the work starts he's long gone!
                      Now that's funny right there

Nothing but good words about Chance

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        No kidding.

Heck...I'm still working on yours!

Comment

1st, you are all welcome!

2nd, you should be glad he sells ranches faster than he mounts critters![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-05-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

2nd, you should be glad he sells ranches faster than he mounts critters![emoji23]

I was a taxidermy customer of his a long time ago so I know

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

If deer mounts paid as much as ranches, I promise you they’d be FLYING out of here!

Comment

Working...
                              X