Kidney Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kidney Cancer

Last November, while having a CT scan done on my chest, I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. After numerous visits to different doctors I was told (1 cancer was small, stage 1, (2 due to the location, it would be better to remove the entire kidney and the surgery was a piece of cake, (3 recovery time should not be that long.
    The surgery was 8 weeks ago today, I am still experiencing pain in the former kidney area and my legs are so weak, I can hardly walk around the block. I can understand some weakness in the legs but I have been moving and walking, not just sitting around, with little to no improvement.
    Has anyone been through anything similar? When can I expect some improvement?
    I have food plots to plant and pigs to kill! Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man, I have no experience to answer your questions but I can sure offer up a prayer for you.

Comment

Prayin, but no experience personally
      The dr. Would probably tell ya to be patient and I'm sure we all know how well that flies.

Comment

I have some gelato oil that would really help with inflammation. But it's not legal in your state. Send me a PM if your up to a visit to a recreational state. I have some experience.

Comment

My dad had lung cancer they took out part of his lung right after Thanksgiving. He is having the same symptoms now with pain in the back area and pain in his legs . He is looking for something as well he still thinks there is something wrong but the dr swears there isn’t and said it’s just part of the healing process. But I don’t understand the legs pains .

Comment

I know nothing about your problem. I had a friend give a kidney to her father. Doctors told her she would take longer to heal up than her Dad receiving the kidney. Prayers sent.

Comment

If you can do lunges and squats with your body weight, that may help. Increasing blood flow helps

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

On 9/29/15 I had my left kidney removed due to cancer. On10/10/15 I walked one mile. I still had some minor pain in the kidney area, but nothing that required any medication. I don't remember any particular pain in my legs. I was back to hunting by the end of October.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Dave View Post
                  I have food plots to plant
                  I am four hours away but can make the drive up any Saturday in March if you need help planting food plots. Just shoot me a PM if you need a hand.

Good luck on your recovery!
                  Last edited by yotethumper; 03-18-2019, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I have the clear cell renal cancer, stg 4, progressing on my spine at present. Feb 2016 it was discovered. Surgery on t7 vertebrae to remove tumor, 15 days later they emoved my left kidney. After the spine surgery, the kidney surgery was like easy. I had a fairly long recovery, due to spinal pressure causing some loss of strength and control of my legs. I recovered from that pretty good, never getting full strength in my legs. Had spine surgery on oct. 15th 2018. Still progressing, have a consult with another neurosurgeon Wednesday to see about further surgery. Also meeting with my oncologist for regular monthly treatment, and plans for future treatment. I have been having opdivo infusions for 2 years now which seems to be keeping it off the other organs.

Stay positive, there are several treatment options if you have a reoccurrence. Get regular scans to keep up with any progession.

The only issues with the kidney surgery was I still cant sleep on my left side. Remaining kidney function is great, and should continue. Keep hydrated at all costs to keep the remaining kidney functioning.

Comment

Now I remember having some pain for a while in the area the kidney was in. Seems like my insides were out of place. Had some intestinal issues, but that was probably from pain meds. Because of slight spinal cord compression, it took a long tome to get where I didn't have leg pain, but it wasn't from the kidney.

Comment

good friend had a kidney removed due to cancer about 3-4 years ago and he was back up and running in about 4-6 months, taking care of his 330-ac ranch and 50+ head. He and I installed my newest pig trap and he drove t-posts into rocky ground right alongside me--

You'll get there--just be a compliant patient (do what the doctor says) and be patient.

Comment

No personal experience, thank goodness, but you might ask your doctor about some physical therapy. I just finished a 6 week session and those physical therapy ladies are just short of miracle workers in my opinion. My shoulder feels better than it has in 20 years.

Maybe if you could expedite your mobility recovery you'd also expedite you're overall recovery.

Just a thought and I sure hope you are 100% healed in short order Sir!

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Prayers up for all of Yall fighting this horrible disease.

Comment

Working...
                              X