ASF Stand & Fill remote antenna hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASF Stand & Fill remote antenna hack

Yes, title is a mouthful. I had a 55gal drum with the remote installed...no issues. I bought a stand and fill the distance was cut in half and no longer reaches. I called ASF and they are aware the cage causes interference. Has anyone don't a hack and used a car antenna or anything to get your range back?

Feeder is in a field so nothing blocking/interfere with signal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Remote is only sold by ASF as well as others. The interference issue stems from the RC signal and cage, whether its the little basket ones or the bigger ones. If you go on Amazon you can find extensions that will move the antenna outside the cage.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
      The Remote is only sold by ASF as well as others. The interference issue stems from the RC signal and cage, whether its the little basket ones or the bigger ones. If you go on Amazon you can find extensions that will move the antenna outside the cage.
      Ok, I saw some universal extensions but was unsure if that would work with ASF connector.

Comment

Here’s a good thread about it with some helpful info.
        You can order longer antennas from Amazon.

Think the link is on post #30.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          Here’s a good thread about it with some helpful info.
          You can order longer antennas from Amazon.

Think the link is on post #30.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...hlight=Antenna
          Indeed and I remember that thread but just didn't scroll all the way down. I now have that antenna ordered and on the way to the ranch!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by biggiesmalls View Post
              the remote is only sold by asf as well as others.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                lol
                Where's the humor? Elaborate please..

Comment

Where's the humor? Elaborate please..
                  You elaborate. You said two opposing things in that one sentence

Comment

It is only sold by asf as well as others? I thought it was funny that is only sold by asf......and others.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      You elaborate. You said two different things in that one sentence
                      Not too hard to understand, ASF only sells them as well as others. Others being other dealers, businesses, people.. I didn't think it was that hard to understand. I'll make sure to spell it about a little better when I'm trying to help a fellow hunter out. lol

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                        It is only sold by asf as well as others? I thought it was funny that is only sold by asf......and others.
                        I can see what you're saying... I did forget the comma.. My apologies guys.

Hopefully Prod49 got the help he was needing with that link.

Comment

I can see what you're saying... I did forget the comma.. My apologies guys.

Hopefully Prod49 got the help he was needing with that link.
                          I did and ordered the antenna off Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not too hard to understand, ASF only sells them as well as others. Others being other dealers, businesses, people.. I didn't think it was that hard to understand. I'll make sure to spell it about a little better when I'm trying to help a fellow hunter out. lol
                            I get it....

Why is it hard for you to understand that it sounded funny?

It’s all good

That antenna is a good idea

Comment

Here is some additional useful information on THE-REMOTE.

The-Remote transmitter and receiver are designed for use with a direct line of sight from the transmitter to the receiver.

There are several things that can interfere with the signal reception/transmission.

The ground- the lower the receiver is to the ground - the more signal distortion can occur.
                              Weather conditions- fog and rain can shorten the signal.
                              Physical barriers. The signal works through glass and plastic but dense wood and metal can block and distort the signal. This includes wire fencing material and gridded wire.

The most common troubleshooting question is “can the receiver be mounted with-in a wire varmint cage?”. Yes, the receiver can be mounted with-in a wire varmint cage but the reception distance may be shortened. Gridded wire interferes, distorts, and can even entirely block the RF signal. This is known as the Faraday shield.

One way to remedy this is to move the receiver outside of the cage. In most instances the wires will need to be extended.

Another procedure to try is to remove the antenna entirely or extend the antenna. This does not always help but in many cases will increase the reception.

The best reception for the receiver is when there is no interference from cages, as high from the ground as possible, and when the receiver antenna is mounted in a vertical (up or down) position.

A common user error is in the way the transmitter is held and operated. The transmitter button needs to be depressed for at least one second. The receiver looks for a signal once a second for only about 5 milliseconds. The button needs to hit this 5-millisecond time. If you only tap the transmitter button and not hold it for a full second, you will likely not hit the 5-millisecond window.

The signal from the transmitter comes out of the side of the antenna. The signal does not come out of the end of the antenna as pointing your finger. The transmitter antenna needs to point upward while depressing the button for a full second.

The remote does not need a timer to operate a motor. It can be wired directly to a motor. The “to timer” wiring would not be used in this case.

THE-REMOTE plugs and plays directly with THE-TIMER. Follow the wires marked ”to timer” and “to motor”.

When wired into a timer and motor circuit other than THE-TIMER, the polarity of the wires from the timer to the motor needs to be verified. Do not go by wire color assumptions for polarity. Use a meter to determine polarity from your timer to the motor. Damage to your timer may occur if the timer has no internal protection. Do not use the “to timer” wiring but only use the “to motor” wiring. “T” these wires into your motor circuit making sure the polarity is correct.

There is a fuse (15 amp blue mini) on THE-REMOTE power supply wires.

The battery inside the transmitter is a 27A. Be sure to change this battery at least yearly.

Sometimes light corrosion from an old transmitter battery can accumulate on the battery screw lid. This corrosion needs to be removed for proper connectivity.

The transmitters are not waterproof. If they get rained on, they will likely fail over time. If you wash them with your clothes, they will fail. When not in use, it is best to store the transmitters in a dry place such as indoors.

Comment

Working...
                              X