Rough Riding Chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Riding Chevy

I've got a 2019 Chevy 1500 4x4. My wife and just about everybody that rides in it complains about how rough it rides. I gotta admit the ride is noticeably rougher than the last few Chevy trucks I've owned. Any meaningful way to tame it? Even a little? Swap out the shocks? Tires? Jack it up and run a Ford under it? Apparently, the rough(er) ride is a known issue with the '19's. Just thought I'd see if anyone has first hand done anything that helped.

Tires sure make a a difference
    I love my Michelin s for performance, ride and mileage.

BP
    Last edited by Big pig; 04-01-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

The truck i bought for work is a 19 1500 crew cab 4x4 with that little worthless shortbed, ive got a tool box and a centrifuge in the bed. Its a pretty smooth ride. I do not remember it being rough before the added weight. I believe its the lt package with just 4x4 not z71 if that changes anything.

Comment

You may have some very hard tires. Try to let some air out of all four tires to around 30 psi or even lower just to see if that helps

Comment

Try riding a KR Ford with 20" rims. You will think that Chevy PU is a Cadillac.

BTW, I drive a KR and I am jealous of the ride in my buddy's 1500.

Comment

my truck was very rough riding, before i put some BF Goodrich A/T under it, i Love the T/A's not to much road noise as well

Comment

I’ve got a 2019 4x4 and it’s the best riding truck I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned 1/2 tons since 1983. Maybe it’s your hard arse. Lol

Comment

Hate to say it bc I was a Chevy guy, but in 2016 when I was looking I noticed the Chevy and GMC ran the roughest of them, Ford and Ram. Good luck in your search for an answer, wish I could help.

Comment

At least it’s running

Comment

Working...
                  X