No announcement yet.

GTI (Gone To Idaho)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the day off. We had cold rain last night, high elevation caught some fresh snow. Nice living 25 minutes from the resort parking lot!

The pics are from the top of the southern Selkirk range looking East to tge Montana border and the western edge of the Cabinets. The Purcell Trench is the valley.
    The lake is Lake Pend Oreille (pond-o-ray) means "hanging ear" in french. Apparently the local Kootenay indians wore big ornaments in their ears.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuckSmasher; 03-25-2021, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
      After contemplating it for a while, we are relocating to North Idaho! It is somewhat bittersweet to leave Texas. I love what is left of our culture and I am an 8th Generation Texan. I have deep roots here. However, my ancestors came here looking for what I am seeking in Idaho. In our opinion Coeur D'Alene has it all. Four seasons, lots of lakes and water, conservative populace, MILLIONS OF ACRES OF PUBLIC LAND!! Hunting is almost exclusively on public land in Idaho. Over 75 percent of the state is USFS, BLM, State, NPS, or USFWS land. Game to hunt within an hour of my house:
      1. Whitetails
      2. Mule Deer
      3. Elk
      4. Moose
      5. Black Bears
      6. Sheep
      7. Goats
      8. Wolves
      9. Turkeys
      10. Quail
      11. Geese/Ducks
      12. ETC, ETC

One of the things that surprised me are the amounts of turkeys and whitetails up there. I knew their were deer but Turkeys are EVERYWHERE.

Also, I am selling stuff, so if you want something hit me up! Here are my classified ads so far.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=784373
      Adios! you are going to love it. My son moved to Salt Lake City about 5 years ago. He's always telling me how everyone goes to Idaho for hunting and fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
        Adios! you are going to love it. My son moved to Salt Lake City about 5 years ago. He's always telling me how everyone goes to Idaho for hunting and fishing!
        We are certantly loving it so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Good on ya! That's a win/win!
          love these happy stories. congrats!

Comment

Man,I'm totally jealous! 25 yrs ago I would have said I'd never move outta Texas..Not anymore.

Comment

I hate the Texas heat....more and more. Have you notices many coon-arses up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                I hate the Texas heat....more and more. Have you notices many coon-arses up there?
                We sure did too....

None so far... I am going to TEAR UP some boiled crawfish when I fly to Houston in ten days for my BIL wedding.

Comment

I’m happy for y’all man. We were living in the Wet Mountains on 35 acres. About five miles outside of Florence Colorado. Wife’s job ended and we ended up back here in Katy where we left five years earlier. I can’t stand it here. It’s a human armpit filled with American hating liberals. God speed to y’all man and save a place for us. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                    I’m happy for y’all man. We were living in the Wet Mountains on 35 acres. About five miles outside of Florence Colorado. Wife’s job ended and we ended up back here in Katy where we left five years earlier. I can’t stand it here. It’s a human armpit filled with American hating liberals. God speed to y’all man and save a place for us. Fingers crossed.
                    Katy is getting that liberal ?

Get a saltwater boat. We had a Sea Hunt BX24 and that is what made living in the Houston area tolerable, well that and Lupe Tortilla's fajita marinade...lol.

Comment

BuckSmasher....what would be your guesstimate for one or two acres up there with a small 1-2 bedroom cabin with lakeview or lake access? I know there's a million factors...but just a guesstimate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        BuckSmasher....what would be your guesstimate for one or two acres up there with a small 1-2 bedroom cabin with lakeview or lake access? I know there's a million factors...but just a guesstimate.
                        Wow, that does cover a big range! Which lake for starters, ice age left a bunch of them around.

You are going to start around $300-$350 on the bottom way out south on CDA near Harrison or on the indian rez. Maybe on the Pend Oreille river west of Sandpoint. This is just VIEW, access would probably be floor of $650-700k and up for that much land, maybe more.

Comment

Wow, that does cover a big range! Which lake for starters, ice age left a bunch of them around.

You are going to start around $300-$350 on the bottom way out south on CDA near Harrison or on the indian rez. Maybe on the Pend Oreille river west of Sandpoint. This is just VIEW, access would probably be floor of $650-700k and up for that much land, maybe more.
                          Leon county Texas it is! Thanks

Comment

Go try Wolfe Creek Lodge for a great steak and some mountain oysters! Just east on 90.

Comment

Katy is getting that liberal ?

Get a saltwater boat. We had a Sea Hunt BX24 and that is what made living in the Houston area tolerable, well that and Lupe Tortilla's fajita marinade...lol.
                              Won’t be able to fill a boat up with fuel before this is over with.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                                Go try Wolfe Creek Lodge for a great steak and some mountain oysters! Just east on 90.
                                Is that on the north side of the hwy? I've seen that place. I'll try it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X