Zero turn Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero turn Help

Looking to buy my first ztr. I am looking at the Kubota Z400 series. Z422 with a 54 inch deck and 24 hp Kawaski engine.
    A Bad Boy Maverick 54 inch deck, with either a Honda GXV 688cc, or Kawasaki FS730 726CC.
    and then I saw a scag Patriot. 52" Hero Cutter Deck, 22 HP Kawasaki®FX691.
    Need help recommendations on what yall have and use and would buy again.

Best advice that I have is to buy from a dealer that will service them, preferably one fairly convenient.

I bought a Country Clipper with a 52" a couple of years ago and have been pleased, other than the nearest dealership is an hour away. It is the only brand I'm aware of that has a joystick control rather than levers, and I've liked that feature myself.

Most of the advice I received when looking said to go with a Honda engine.

I've heard Ferris has the smoothest suspension. If you have a rough yard or any back issues, it may be worth paying the extra money.
    Last edited by Plain Lucky; 03-21-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I just bought a Gravely 52” HD, after looking at Scag, Bad Boy, and John Deere. I was dead set on the Kawasaki engine, and decided to buy local, for convenience of reliable service, and to support my local businesses. They’ll come pick it up when it needs servicing, and drop it off after. I’d definitely recommend buying locally for those reasons. You won’t get that kind of service at most bigger stores, especially the big box stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy from a dealer.I know two guys that have gas powered Kubotas,and they cut like crap.I've had 2 diesels that were awesome..If I'm gonna buy a gasser,Kubota is last on the commercial list.I've bought a whole bunch of them in 22yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
          I just bought a Gravely 52” HD, after looking at Scag, Bad Boy, and John Deere. I was dead set on the Kawasaki engine, and decided to buy local, for convenience of reliable service, and to support my local businesses. They’ll come pick it up when it needs servicing, and drop it off after. I’d definitely recommend buying locally for those reasons. You won’t get that kind of service at most bigger stores, especially the big box stores.

I’m in Needville also and bought from the same guy, no issues with my Gravely and been very pleased.

Comment

I worked on all my own stuff and i bought a bad boy for simplicity. Scags are a pain to work on. I can have my deck belt changed before you get all the guards off the scag. This holds true to alot of other things on the mower as well.

Comment

I’ve got an older Exmark. Well built. Does me well.

Comment

Bought a Gravley 2 years ago. 60 hrs later I haven’t done one thing to other than sharpen blades. Engine oil still looks news. Gonna buy another one for the ranch soon

Comment

Thanks

Comment

IMO, in the end it all ends up being personal preference. all are good i bought the Cub Cadet, ZRT , but if I could do over the SCAG would be go to..

Comment

Buy once, cry once
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	24646409

Comment

I recently bought a new Kubota 1021 Diesel and I paid an arm and a leg for it and it's cuts horrible.

Comment

Comment

When you're driving around your area, look at the professional landscapers and their trailers... Round these parts most of them have John Deere professionals on them... Just the mowing deck and front end parts of them make it worthwhile if you have a good dealer to service it. I have a ZR920M with the 52" deck and Kawasaki engine. Starting my 6th season and so far, (knock on wood) all I have done to it is change oil and grease it. Deck engagement switch crapped out and dealer replaced it under warranty. It flat manicures my lawn too... I mow just under 5 acres.

Comment

I bought a Ferris for the ride and local dealer support. Couldn’t be happier.

Comment

Working...
                              X