No announcement yet.

quality bass boat brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've owned a skeeter, way back. i really liked it(hence my name on here). i still love the way they look. could some of you tell me the pros/cons of the new skeeters??

8 yrs a ago i gave away 10k$ is bass tackle.. hundreds of crankbaits, topwaters, worms/etc. i regret it now!! i went to coleto creek(by the house) thursday, and had 13 bites and landed 5 bass, and lost two in 4 hrs. all i had was a 23 yr old bag of culprit worms, and a bag of chart. french frys i found in my lure stash... felt like i was on mars..after exclusively trout wading since 98...

Comment

Skeeter is a good boat, good fishing platform and finally good trailer. The Yamaha SHO motor is a solid with proper maintenance. The Con and this is going to be with all boats, is they a very proud of them $$$

Comment

The new skeeter have some options for a front deck as big as an aircraft carrier.

If I were you I would go with a couple guides and see how they ride and fish from. Heck you may just decide that it is a heck of a lot cheaper that way!

And if you thought the tackle was expensive have you priced trolling motors and graphs plus livescope?[emoji1787][emoji383][emoji383]

Comment

Phoenix boats is where it’s at. I’ve had Skeeter in the past, but I wouldn’t even consider going back after having my Phoenix. I have the 721 ProXP. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbull9 View Post
            I like the Phoenix ride and layout but you better be prepared to get wet
            I’ve converted two Skeeter friends to Phoenix after fishing with me on Rayburn on a rough day. We cruised across that lake and never got wet in my 721. They were impressed with the ride in rough water.

Comment

Dang things cost more than a truck does, crazy
              Phoenix boats bought old bumble bee boats factory and has stratos and bee old employees to build the Phoenix
              Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 03-06-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I’ve had a Skeeter, Ranger, 2 Champions & a Basscat. My favorite by far was a Basscat Jaguar.

Comment

Bass cat or Phoenix would be my choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1. Skeeter
                    2. Skeeter
                    3. SKEETER

Comment

I spent a lot of money bbn on bass boats and fishing over the years. Made most of my boat payments off small tournament monies. I just wish I could have known then what a waste of money and time it was and invested that money in hunting properties instead.

Boats depreciate so rapidly and land only goes up. I can have a large pond on my property stocked with bass that are almost always biting. And my kids and grandchildren can enjoy it at will.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Bass cat or phoenix if it was me.

Bass cat makes a puma with a champion hull

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                        This would be my choice.

Comment

I had nothing but Skeeters since my first one in '85. So I couldn't tell you about the rest but it's kinda like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I spent a lot of money bbn on bass boats and fishing over the years. Made most of my boat payments off small tournament monies. I just wish I could have known then what a waste of money and time it was and invested that money in hunting properties instead.

Boats depreciate so rapidly and land only goes up. I can have a large pond on my property stocked with bass that are almost always biting. And my kids and grandchildren can enjoy it at will.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            I would quite fishing if all I could fish is a pond. You should really save yourself some money and not dig a pond and just buy your fish

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
                              buddy of mine has a caymas. He moved to it from a triton. I haven't had a chance to fish with him since he got it but he really likes the caymas.
                              They are great, I am just afraid Bentz is going to sell them after a few years an the brand will go downhill and disappear just like he did with Stratos and is about to happen with Triton.

Comment

Watch Ken Smith fishing youtube videos this winter, he does bass boat brand reviews on just about every brand worth talking about out there, and they are extensive. He was in a Ranger and also saying they are not what they used to be since bass pro shops bought them out. So far he seems to like Phoenix, Basscat and Caymus the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X