Get your Duramax while you can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    It will never happen. We don't have and in 15 years will not have enough electricity to charge all those electric vehicles. Not enough fans.
    I agree. With the reduction of coal plants that we'll see in the next couple of years the amount of electricity produced will drop drastically. And wind and solar will not be able to replace it. They can't control the voltage spikes like a steam turbine can as well

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
      What the heck are us ranchers going to drive?
      Banning meat is part of the plan.

Comment

They are full of horse ****

Comment

Good thing I know how to drive a team.

Comment

California leading the charge

This video basically says any none DEF Diesel engine will be eliminated by 2023
            And even heavy machinery/ dozers ect will be electric in 203?

Comment

Typical California. They will depend on other states for their electricity like they already do.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                What the heck are us ranchers going to drive?
                Tesla Cybertruck of course. The design just screams "hook a trailer full of cattle to me" doesn't it?

Comment

its coming like it or not. the decisions have been made at the very top. you don't announce things like this to the world as a major market player without 100% buy in from the share holders. these commitments are being made by all the big guys from big oil and auto.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                    its coming like it or not. the decisions have been made at the very top. you don't announce things like this to the world as a major market player without 100% buy in from the share holders. these commitments are being made by all the big guys from big oil and auto.
                    You're probably right. Dems never lie.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                      Where are you seeing this? I’m sure I’m missing something, but only thing I can find is California banning sales of new gasoline and diesel vehicles in 2035.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Corporations say crap like this all the time because it attracts business and it's politically correct. That doesn't make it so.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          Corporations say crap like this all the time because it attracts business and it's politically correct. That doesn't make it so.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          please give me an example and what business does GM have to gain from announcing this? if they stop making gas/diesel engines then they know they have to have the technology to replace it so i'm guessing they have done their homework. the thing is people think that the technology to run an electric car is some huge deal but it's not what it used to be. imagine trying to run a ship on electric. guess what that technology is coming to. our company is in a pilot project right now. i'm talking about big ships too. there is a ton of money aggressively behind these projects.

Comment

please give me an example and what business does GM have to gain from announcing this? if they stop making gas/diesel engines then they know they have to have the technology to replace it so i'm guessing they have done their homework. the thing is people think that the technology to run an electric car is some huge deal but it's not what it used to be. imagine trying to run a ship on electric. guess what that technology is coming to. our company is in a pilot project right now. i'm talking about big ships too. there is a ton of money aggressively behind these projects.

I think there is a growing realization that “the fix is in”, and it doesn’t matter anymore that the basis may not be legit. It has become the new money grab. The jump on the competition to drive infrastructure design (and capitalize on it as well), equipment design, materials and resource contracts, etc. are in a wide open all out sprint that is only increasing in intensity. By announcement, GM can position themselves to benefit from competition by European countries for new factories, or a piece of the pie in the supply chain.

This is not about the planet. This is about money. We could argue that countries with few O&G resources have succeeded in devaluing the US’s vast O&G resources to even the playing field, but now Exxon, DOW, GM, etc are pivoting to get ahead of the new economy. There will be dust, but I fully expect the existing hierarchy of industrial and commercial power to be in place when it settles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)? Got lots here in Texas....

Comment

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that we will never fully get away from the internal combustion engine and fossil fuels. There is NO way gas and diesel vehicles will be fully eradicated by 2035. I bet they can’t do it by 2050. Now, what I could see is a higher mixture of electric vehicles (some are already out there obviously), some propane or natural gas powered vehicles (those already exist), and there will still be gas and diesel vehicles.

For the average person in a big city that drives back and forth to work every day, I could see electric vehicles being viable. They have a set route, know how long it takes, and would know how much battery life they would need to get to work and home every day. The same can’t be said for most people living outside of a city or that travel a lot for work. And as mentioned before, we aren’t anywhere near having the infrastructure to support electric vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                X