No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the weather was great all week working now it’s the weekend and it is hot and humid go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      I’m settled in for doe patrol. Finally!

Let me ask y’all a question: the tripod I’m hunting tonight has a light, marginal and swirling wind. Feeder is 120+ yards away. Generally is that enough distance to disperse scent in the pines? Normally I hunt a box blind so it would be a moot point but it’s too warm to go there right now.
      So I’m not saying they smelled me, but I’m not saying they didn’t smell me, but my two target does came out and one of them was squirrely (the other was not at all). The squirrley doe decided she didn’t want to stick around so she headedoff and the non-squirrley doe started to follow suit. I had a brief second to shoot the non-squirrley doe but when I tried to situate myself my @$%#ing tripod seat popped and she took off.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
        Well the weather was great all week working now it’s the weekend and it is hot and humid go figure

Right? I’ve had enough playing cat and mouse with the weather so I’m staying till Tuesday.

Comment

Right? I’ve had enough playing cat and mouse with the weather so I’m staying till Tuesday.

Ya I’m still hunting in the morning for sure

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
            Ya I’m still hunting in the morning for sure

Sundays supposed to be a lot nicer. You might as well stay.

Comment

Sundays supposed to be a lot nicer. You might as well stay.

This morning felt good but didn’t have any action. I’ve got pictures of deer so they’re around but didn’t want to come out to play today. This evening was definitely hot. Mosquitoes were annoying and the squirrels are the devil. Radar looks nasty for a morning hunt for me so I may be sleeping in and go for a evening hunt tomorrow. Sunday looks nice and probably stay till that evening depending if I put one in the cooler by Sunday morning.

Comment

I got another picture of my big boy. Hopefully this weekend I see him
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bigt338 View Post
                  Wow! I hope you get him.

Comment

Dang, good luck!

Comment

That’s a bruiser!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Hey guys, I've got to correct something I posted about the "two monster bucks killed in the DCNF and knowing about one of them... I reported that a biggun was killed there day before yesterday and I had a pic... Well it turns out when the story finally was revealed, the deer was killed in a high fence place... I am sorry for misleading everyone... I was told the deer was a DCNF deer, but I have it on a very good source that in fact it was NOT.

Again, I'm very sorry.
                        Sounds to me like that means the bruisers are still out there then!

Comment

That's a big deer!

Comment

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

That’s a stud up top. Headed into my Corrigan place now. Light rain still. Wish I had a pop up lol

Last edited by Tshelly; 10-20-2018, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Good luck to anyone hunting this morning. It is my first sit this year and I couldn’t be anymore excited

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X