Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brushy Hill Ranch will allow Doe harvesting this season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill Ranch will allow Doe harvesting this season!

For those that are interested, Pete has decided to allow hunters to harvest does this year at Brushy Hill Ranch- for $100 extra per hunt. For the last two years there's been a "No Does" policy in effect and a lot of hunters have been disappointed; but this year we'll be able to harvest does UNTIL December 1, 2008. After December 1, Pete will re-institute the "No Does" policy for the rest of the season. If this season goes well, and hunters do not shoot any nubbin' bucks by accident (thinking they are does)- one of the main reasons why the "No Does" policy was put into effect- I would imagine does will be available for harvest in future years.

I just thought some people who hunt Brushy Hill, like I do, would want to know.

Have a great season

Nick

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thats cool

Comment

Ha, Horitexan

I'd Like to have more info on the brushy hill it looks good, send pic's if you have any. pm me

Comment

me 2

Comment

Tons of deer and some really good ones,as with almost any whitetail day hunt you need at least three days to pattern a good one. Tons of does as well so this thinning of the heard should improve next years hunting. Good luck, I may be out there next season.

Comment

Brushy

How's the hunting at Brushy Hill? Called them today but no one answered. Do they provide stands, how many pastures? Ive hunted the area before and would like to try again.
              Any info will be helpful.

Comment

I have been there on a hog hunt, nice place! Saw a good bit of deer.

Comment

Here's the link: http://www.brushyhill.com/
                  It is a great place to hunt.
                  Like stickman said, you need to plan on at least a 3-4 day hunt.
                  The LSBA has a Grunt N Gobble hunt there each spring, and there is also hog hunting year round.
                  I like to go to these just to be able to scout different areas of the ranch for the fall.

Comment

Im on my cell phone so excuse the short reply!

There are 6 pastures ranging from 500-7500 acres. No stands supplied. That's the great thing about BHR- you can setup and hunt YOUR way without being stuck in some preset blind that's been hunted to death, like at many day leases! Tripods can be rented by the day for $10-15.

Don't know why you had trouble reaching the ranch. Call me, if you'd like, and I'll put you in touch with Pete or Ava. They're on vacation right now and so is Rusty- that might be why it's a little harder than usual to reach someone. I'm at the ranch right now doing some work and hunting and looking after the place while everyone is on vacation. My cell number is: 512-587-8651

If anyone wants to join me for some hunting this week, give mr a call- I'd enjoy the company- I'll be hunting 13000 acres all alone! Poor me, huh?

Comment

Brushy Hill

Thanks for the info. I got a return call last night. Im already booked for a hunt in december elsewhere but would like to hunt here in the late season.
                      Tied up this weekend but might be looking into a hog hunt in September. Might be worth checking out before deer season.

Comment

Working...
                      X