Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any luck?

Comment

havent seen a thing. its been raining all morning, not heavy but steady, they will probably all come out about the time the rain lets up and i have to leave to get my son at school.

Comment

Man i've been reading this for a few weeks now and I feel your pain. I have had a similar story for many years now. Working so hard in the off season only to have it ruined by hogs, poachers, mother nature, or what ever else. I haven't shot a buck in 4 years and that was in the late season with a rifle when I had given up on the bow. This year we got a new place thats "at the end of the road" so I am a lot more hopeful but wont get to hunt until the week of thanksgiving. Anyway just know you are not alone. I'm pulling for you man and I hope you can get it done. I'm sure it will be extremely rewarding when you do.

Comment

i really appreciate it, i have had cameras scattered around on scrapes, trails, corn, fence crossings, etc., and not only has he disappeared, all of the good bucks i was seeing have. they all run off somewhere and hide out and i have been doing what i can to find them, it just hasnt happened yet.

my food plot is looking great, maybe it will draw them back in after the rut and i will get my shot.

thanks again and good luck to you

Comment

Hang in there. It is slow for everybody as most places have greened up with good ole natural groceries and it is still fairly warm. A few good hard frosts on the ground will send the deer looking for better stuff to eat, ie, your food plot and corn. It is going to be great when you finally see and get this buck regardless of means.

Comment

thanks, i have had a camera going on a small property east of mine for a few weeks now with nothing but the same, does and dinks, but i also just got access to a property to the west so maybe some of the shooters will show up over there. i should have a camera on it sunday.

Comment

i have also heard 4 different feeders going off around me so far and just yesterday found a new one about 15 yards from my back fence, i'm not the only one lookin for him, lol. i just hope that if someone else gets him they let me know so i can touch him...

Comment

My advice would be don't give up on the late season. They may run off for a while, but when things get cold and food gets scarce, those food plots are going to look like a Christmas ham to those deer. Last year I got the most bucks on camera October 31st, and second most in early January when it was snowing.

Comment

awesome, keep us posted

Comment

Just curious, do you use an ozonics unit?

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                        Just curious, do you use an ozonics unit?
                        no, wish i did but i cant spend that money right now. the way the place is laid out though, i have open field and then houses to the north, the deer dont go/come from that way. i only hunt out there if i have a south wind and my stands are on the north edges of the plots.

lol, i know, the only thing that makes sense is too much pressure, but the buck was gone before the season even started and the hunting pressure began.

Comment

Nice read and great place!! I enjoyed it!!

Comment

Just caught up with this whole thread. I'm rootin for ya man. With as much blood, sweat, and tears as it sounds you've invested into this property. Your're bound to be reward. Just keep your nose to the grind stone and try not to get discouraged

Comment

update?

Comment

i havent been able to make it out there this week, sunday will be my first chance. i did get permission to a good sized place to my west a bit and am going to get a camera up over there sunday as well. the place looks good and is a potential hideout for the buck, we'll see! the camera i got up on the place to the east hasnt turned up anything so maybe he heads west come colder weather...

Comment

Working...
                                X