Child Support Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    Yah... They've dated for almost 4 years and he has been in the Marines for about a year now. I wish they would wait a little longer but they are both really good kids and are adults now so I guess it is what it is. She'll be moving to North Carolina with him at the end of January.
    My bonus son went the same route, except they hadn't dated that long. He is now out and they are expecting their 3rd child. I thought it was crazy for them to marry before he even had his permanent duty station, but they've made it work!
    Sorry, no help on the original question, but congrats to them on their upcoming adventure!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My ex went thru the AG's office when she up'ed mine. As soon as she graduated, they cut if off, even though my employer still kept taking it out. The AG's office would return the refund. I finally called the AG's office and they sent me some paperwork to give to my employer to stop taking it out. This was 20 or so years ago, but like others have said, it depends on how yours is set up. You shouldn't even need to hire a attorney. Just got to get all the right paperwork together.

Comment

I had a lawyer stop mine. You are right it won't stop u til you stop it. It's just a matter of paper work going to the right places. Your work is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
          My bonus son went the same route, except they hadn't dated that long. He is now out and they are expecting their 3rd child. I thought it was crazy for them to marry before he even had his permanent duty station, but they've made it work!
          Sorry, no help on the original question, but congrats to them on their upcoming adventure!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Thanks.. I hope it works out for them. They are both great kids and He treats my daughter well so I can't complain.

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
          Not to hijack the thread, but if you were to switch jobs would that cancel out withholdings from current employer, then lets say and you just decided to send payment to AG, would it stop then exactly when you wanted? Curious as I will be coming down this road as well and dont see myself at same employer when I come to it.
          Yes. I have switched jobs a few times in the 14 years that I have been paying. Some places it was taken out and others I chose just to send it in myself. If the AG sends a withholding order they won't have a choice but to take it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I had a lawyer stop mine. You are right it won't stop u til you stop it. It's just a matter of paper work going to the right places. Your work is one of them.
            I may call a couple just to see what it would cost to have them handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              I may call a couple just to see what it would cost to have them handle it.
              I used someone in Houston and it wasn't expensive. I don't remember the exact cost, but it has to be done so....

Comment

all i did was call my case worker with the atg and it was faxed to my HR that day and last payment was that week

Comment

Mine stopped early because my ex screwed up. She was suppose to get a letter from the school saying my son was still enrolled passed 18 and wasn't going to graduate until June 2019. The school made a typo on the letter and it said he graduated last year. she didn't catch the error. The attorney general contacted me and said they had a refund for me for over payment. I didn't accept it because I knew they were wrong. They sent it anyway and now I have a arrears on the books. I sent the money back but it still shows that at one time i was behind. Total BS.

Comment

You will need a letter from the school stating the completion of courses and degree directly to the ag office. They should know what you need when you contact them. Ther may be a form to send in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      I used someone in Houston and it wasn't expensive. I don't remember the exact cost, but it has to be done so....
                      Probably a helluva lot cheaper than to keep paying.

Comment

I work for city of fort worth and I'm finding out what they need, then finding out what AG/State needs. I know they've got the paying part down but not sure on the stopping. Definitely looking forward to pay raise in June.......

Comment

I was told schools have a letter prior to actual graduation that states X child is eligible and scheduled to graduate on X date. This is prior to actual graduation so hopefully avoid June being taken out.

Comment

I'm contacting an attorney in the county our decree was in so its done correct and no delays in stopping it.

Comment

Just go to the court House you have to take their diploma and i think the high school transcript signed by school as proof then they will send the paper work to your employer no need to pay lawyer

Comment

Working...
                              X