Realtor Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    Why don't the whiners just become realtors since it's such easy $$$$ & get their Lic?? It's free, easy to pass, no annual dues, free health ins, Matching 401K & all other sorts of goodies!! Can't believe there aren't more TBH realtor supporting members!!

Hate these ignorant go get the pitchfork realtor threads.

Hate these ignorant over reacting posters that take what people are asking and make it into something extreme...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
      Some see the value of hiring a Realtor, some don't. Keep in mind that 6% is usually split, 3 and 3. Knock out about 25-30% for taxes, some for various association dues, marketing/advertising, photography, sponsorships, fuel (ranch guys can burn a lot of fuel!), equipment upkeep, a little for retirement, insurance on everything, health insurance, ECT, ECT. It costs a lot to do what we do. It can be a high-risk-high-reward deal for sure. Oh ya, and when we take on a seller or buyer as a client, we do everything in the HOPES of getting paid...it's not guaranteed. How many of y'all are willing to work for someone for months and risk not getting paid a dime, and worse--actually losing $$?

Absolutely! Chance nailed it!

Comment

How many calls have you had? Tours?

How many buyers shop FSBO?

How many buyers know what FSBO is?

Don't assume buyers aren't lazy. Life is hectic.

How many clicks does your FSBO site get versus MLS?

How many active buyers do brokers have that they are intentionally not showing your house?

How much did it cost to professionally picture your house? You didn't do it id guess.

At the end of the day I believe you do not want to sell your house.

You are making the number one mistake- "the highest price buyer will find me" ...... hardly ever happens that way.

You'll likely sell it below market pricing if you FSBO.

Yes I am a broker but I don't sell houses. 99% of the time (in my experience) listing or at least using a broker has resulted in a price higher than what people wanted and more than covered the commission.

Why don't you call all the brokers in town and see who has a buyer. You'd save 3%
        Last edited by ballgame; 10-14-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Hard to understand something when your paycheck depends on your not understanding it.

Comment

Same old gripe. No one ever wants to pay fees. Then in their own career field they want the most pay. Smh. It is what it is.

Comment

As always, you get what you pay for. Know your limitations. What are you good at? If your task doesn’t fall under something you’re good at, pay a professional to do it for you. Stay in your lane, gentlemen

Comment

The trick is getting it on har at the right price. Some realtors will get it on har for a fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                  Same old gripe. No one ever wants to pay fees. Then in their own career field they want the most pay. Smh. It is what it is.
                  This. I also love how people lament the loss of the mom and pop shops while they’re ordering things from Amazon.

As far as realtors go most folks don’t consider half of that 6% goes to the buyers agent, so right off the bat the listing agent is giving away 50% of that money.

Comment

The part that gets me, is buyers want part of the agents commission also. How about if someone came to your business and traded with you then come payday, they want part of your paycheck.

I guess it is true EVERYTHING is negotiable.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                      Funny thing to me is realtors make 6% split between buyers and sellers agent plus two brokers getting a small cut of that plus expenses. Not sure of too many business that operate on 3% margins

Alright.

300,000 dollar house at 6% = 18,000
                      Divided by 2 =9000 each
                      Take the broker out and you may have 4,000 to 4,500 left over for the realtor.

2 houses a month = 8,000 to 9,000 a month.

Seems pretty legit for realtors.

This thread is a good read. I am the fsbo type and know plenty of people like me. I hear these horror stories about houses sitting for months with no action then the awesome realtor gets it done. I aint buying it.

Some Realtors are worth their weight in certain markets.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        My mom owns a real estate company in Leander. If you knew the work that goes on with it you’d understand. You either want to sell it or you don’t. But the realtor fee is worth it for a good one. Remember you get what you pay for as well when you’re shopping around for the cheapest. Just like your pay, you think you’re worth every dollar and should be able to prove it, so can a good realtor.
                        Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        Why don't the whiners just become realtors since it's such easy $$$$ & get their Lic?? It's free, easy to pass, no annual dues, free health ins, Matching 401K & all other sorts of goodies!! Can't believe there aren't more TBH realtor supporting members!!

Hate these ignorant go get the pitchfork realtor threads.
                        Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                        Some see the value of hiring a Realtor, some don't. Keep in mind that 6% is usually split, 3 and 3. Knock out about 25-30% for taxes, some for various association dues, marketing/advertising, photography, sponsorships, fuel (ranch guys can burn a lot of fuel!), equipment upkeep, a little for retirement, insurance on everything, health insurance, ECT, ECT. It costs a lot to do what we do. It can be a high-risk-high-reward deal for sure. Oh ya, and when we take on a seller or buyer as a client, we do everything in the HOPES of getting paid...it's not guaranteed. How many of y'all are willing to work for someone for months and risk not getting paid a dime, and worse--actually losing $$?
                        Originally posted by Marco View Post
                        Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

This. I also love how people lament the loss of the mom and pop shops while they’re ordering things from Amazon.

As far as realtors go most folks don’t consider half of that 6% goes to the buyers agent, so right off the bat the listing agent is giving away 50% of that money.

First off, I don't want anybody thinking I'm bashing realtors. I completely understand their job, what they do, and the time/money involved. I know how it all works. They've got to make a living also. However, it's my option to decide whether or not I want to go that route. Just started the thread to see what other folks are doing/have done. I apologize if I came off in a negative manner towards realtors.

Comment

Well worth it IMO. I don’t mind paying for the ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            First off, I don't want anybody thinking I'm bashing realtors. I completely understand their job, what they do, and the time/money involved. I know how it all works. They've got to make a living also. However, it's my option to decide whether or not I want to go that route. Just started the thread to see what other folks are doing/have done. I apologize if I came off in a negative manner towards realtors.
                            You meanie! How dare you!

Actually some good info in this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              You meanie! How dare you!

Actually some good info in this thread!
                              Anybody that smarts off to me gets put on the blacklist for never receiving my screenshot of Ragin's TBH exit!

Comment

Some will never understand marketing, exposure to the market, and working for your sale.

That will never change.

Commit 3% of profit to another 8 to 15% on your side? Why would anyone do that?

I'm done explaining to amateurs and millennials the benefits associated.
                                Last edited by tigerscowboy; 10-14-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X