Need help- bad cigarette smoke smell in used travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help- bad cigarette smoke smell in used travel trailer

Bought a used travel trailer, had to take out carpet, threw away couch and bed cushions, threw away curtains they smelt so bad. Still has bad cigarette smokers smell. Aired it all day too. Anybody know how to get rid of it? Thanks.

earth scent works good

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
      Bought a used travel trailer, had to take out carpet, threw away couch and bed cushions, threw away curtains they smelt so bad. Still has bad cigarette smokers smell. Aired it all day too. Anybody know how to get rid of it? Thanks.
      Ozone machine

Comment

Gut it down to the studs, put in new insulation and paneling and furniture.

Comment

Febreze

Comment

Put an ozone generator in it and let it run 24/7 until the smell is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wire left a chicken in freezer for months in camper, unplugged. Good grief it was bad. Just as I was about to burn the thing to the ground she came home with ozone machine that she borrowed from friend with apartment complex. 2 days later smelled fine.

Comment

Ok- anybody got an ozone generator they’d rent or loan me for a couple days? I’m a school teacher in the dfw area, Mesquite. Thanks.

Comment

It's going to depend a lot on how much upholstery/carpeting there is and how long it was smoked in as to whether you can ever really get it out.

My in-laws acquired a house that was smoked in for 45 years (by one of their parents) and the smoke had just permeated everything. No amount of cleaning, etc. helped.

They finally just tore out all the drywall down to the studs and redid all the flooring. Only like a 1200 sqft house so it wasn't that much. That worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                    Ok- anybody got an ozone generator they’d rent or loan me for a couple days? I’m a school teacher in the dfw area, Mesquite. Thanks.
                    Scent Lok makes a small portable that you can de scent your trailer then take it to your hunting spot to cover your scent. https://enforcerozone.com/products/the-enforcer-ozone
                    Last edited by muzzlebrake; 10-19-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

There is product called natures miracle sold at pet stores. Help eliminate pet odor. Might give that a try...wipe down walls etc...

Comment

Paint it. Also ozone will probably help.

Comment

Ozone Machine. Amazon have them for around $70

Comment

You have to wipe down the hard surfaces to get the nicotine off everything first.
                            Then Febreze the heck out of all the fabrics.

Comment

Had a guy that worked in the detail part at the ford house said if you take apples and cut them in half (don't let them spoil) replace them a couple times said it will take smoke smell out of peoples cars that smoked with the windows up. Never needed to try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X