A Country Boy Can Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    Maybe so....I’ve been wrong before. But, all lyrics state ‘my friend’.
    Keep it up and I'll spit some Beechnut in your eye!

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      Live album--"Hank Live" he states, "Had a good friend from New York City--never called me Bocephus, called me hillbilly. Grandpa taught me how to live of the land, Mike's taught him to be a business man. . .for 43 dollars, Mike lost his life."

I may not know much, but I know Hank.

Well there ya go

Comment

Listened to Merle's "Are the good times really over" yesterday on the way home. Think the words to that song are more accurate today than they were when he wrote it many yrs ago. Great tune

Comment

Live album--"Hank Live" he states, "Had a good friend from New York City--never called me Bocephus, called me hillbilly. Grandpa taught me how to live of the land, Mike's taught him to be a business man. . .for 43 dollars, Mike lost his life."

I remember hearing that on the live album now because it throws the cadence way off. I cannot speak to how he sings it live, even having seen him live twice, that kind of detail could not possibly have been noticed....and definitely not remembered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorites are

I’ve got rights
            Mr Lincoln

Comment

David Allen Coe....GAWWWD

I love the the 60's/70's/80's traditional country stars, but I can't stand him.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                My favorites are

I’ve got rights
                Mr Lincoln
                Don't forget "Nashville Courthouse Blues."

"I said now you don't mean? The cop said, 'Son the girl is seventeen."

Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                  David Allen Coe....GAWWWD

I love the the 60's/70's/80's traditional country stars, but I can't stand him.
                  "Harley Someday" is great. If you don't enjoy, "Jimmy Buffet doesn't live in Key West anymore" it is possible you have a commie flag tacked up in your garage.

Comment

The Mike he’s referring to is a journalist friend of his named
                    Michael Bane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man, if we discussed redneck music more here it wouldn't have taken me 15 years to hit P&Y status. Haaaa.

Comment

Had that cassette tape back when I started driving. Now I have it on Itunes

Comment

And finally, how can we overlook, "Hey, man, them ain't high-heeled sneakers--and they sure don't look like cowboy boots. That ain't rock-n-roll your playing--and it sure ain't country, or rhythm and blues. You're singing a song about making love to your drummer. Well gay guitar pickers don't turn me on. And we don't all get into Donna Summer. Do you happen to know any old Hank Williams songs?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            I remember hearing that on the live album now because it throws the cadence way off. I cannot speak to how he sings it live, even having seen him live twice, that kind of detail could not possibly have been noticed....and definitely not remembered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Haaaa. I saw Hank for the first time at Auditorium Shores in Austin in 1988. I was a junior in high school and completely sober except for second-hand grass. That was the last time I saw Hank or Steve Earle while sober.

Comment

Outlaws only here

Comment

With ya Brother!!

Comment

Working...
                                X