Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys that would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I think my sons old bat is a 27 inch cat seven, let me check tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It has some dugout rash on it, but I bet it still has a lot of life in it, if it’s something you think can work. It is 27”.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          It has some dugout rash on it, but I bet it still has a lot of life in it, if it’s something you think can work. It is 27”.

How much you asking?

Comment

We play this weekend in our first fall tournament. He is 14 playing 16/18U now so it’s a big jump for him, but he is hanging with the big boys in practice and has the starting 2nd base spot and in the pitching rotation. I really think it’s made him compete and want it more. Sure glad I’m just a Dad in the stands now, but my wife told me to go to right field and behave LOL!

Comment

2020 Select Baseball

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
              Guys that would be greatly appreciated!

Smallest I have is 28” -10 Easton S2

Last edited by b.latiolais; 09-17-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
                How much you asking?

Welding Teach has 1st dibs, if it’s not what he’s after, we’ll talk.

Comment

Quick question for some of you guys that have been at this for years...My 9 year olds 10U team wanting to keep playing tourneys into early december then LL starts in mid-January. My kiddo is the Sunday catcher on our select team and also pitches and plays 2B. I don't feel like a 40 day break is long enough to rest his arm after all the innings logged behind the plate and on the mound in what would be a 11 month long season. What say ya'll?

Comment

I wouldn’t do it, if it was me. Every kiddo is different though. Make sure you manage him. Don’t expect Coaches in select to do so. Or work with the Coach well ahead of time and make sure you stick to the plan in place.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
                        Quick question for some of you guys that have been at this for years...My 9 year olds 10U team wanting to keep playing tourneys into early december then LL starts in mid-January. My kiddo is the Sunday catcher on our select team and also pitches and plays 2B. I don't feel like a 40 day break is long enough to rest his arm after all the innings logged behind the plate and on the mound in what would be a 11 month long season. What say ya'll?
                        No freaking way. If I could go back, I’d would not do Fall Ball at all. Don’t feel pressure that your kid will “lose their spot”. They won’t but if they do there are plenty of other options, especially for catchers.

-Dad of a high school freshman.

Comment

Kids are pretty resilient, especially at 9 years old. Also, I don't feel like the velocity is there to hurt a kids arm at 9. I'd be more concerned around 12 years old when growth spurts are occurring. All that being said, I'm not telling you to play. I think there should be a break also.

My son (14) just had a screw installed in his elbow for a growth plate fracture. Due to over-use during his growth spurt. He's a pitcher/catcher/3rd base player. And believe it or not, I think his excessive fishing didn't help his elbow issue either and his doctor agreed with me. If you do play, just be careful and pay close attention if he complains of discomfort. There's nothing wrong with "keeping the fire lit"...

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                            Kids are pretty resilient, especially at 9 years old. Also, I don't feel like the velocity is there to hurt a kids arm at 9. I'd be more concerned around 12 years old when growth spurts are occurring. All that being said, I'm not telling you to play. I think there should be a break also.

My son (14) just had a screw installed in his elbow for a growth plate fracture. Due to over-use during his growth spurt. He's a pitcher/catcher/3rd base player. And believe it or not, I think his excessive fishing didn't help his elbow issue either and his doctor agreed with me. If you do play, just be careful and pay close attention if he complains of discomfort. There's nothing wrong with "keeping the fire lit"...
                            "Excessive fishing"?? **** man, you're trying to start an epidemic....or a **** war?? Get out of here with that nonsense!

Comment

There is absolutely nothing your kid will do at 9 years old that will make or break his future success in baseball. Trust your gut and make a decision always leaning toward keeping him healthy. Playing too much is really the only risk.

My 14 year old is growing like crazy and had some elbow pain in their last summer game in late July. Took him to the ortho and conformed no damage but growing fast and putting strain on the growth plate. We shut him down for the rest of year. Will he lose his spot? Don't care, baseball is a marathon not a sprint.

Dad of 14u and 17u players.

Comment

"Excessive fishing"?? **** man, you're trying to start an epidemic....or a **** war?? Get out of here with that nonsense!
                                I'm telling you man.. when we thought he was "resting" his arm, he fished everyday. When the dang COVID hit, he quarantined to my in-laws at Toledo Bend for 4 weeks. Fished everyday!

Maybe the terms "excessive" was the wrong choice.

Doc did say that the motion of casting closely resembles throwing a ball...

Comment

Working...
                                X