When to set a pop up blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to set a pop up blind?

I’m sure this has been discussed before how long before season do you set them??? Do you always brush them in? For the record this is the hill country.

I’m doing mine next Saturday. I don’t brush in. I usually carve out a circle in thick brush. One shooting lane for me. South Texas. I did the same in the HC.

Comment

Do it now and brush in heavily. When you think you’ve added enough brush, add the same amount again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We set ours this weekend along with starting feeders, no brush and most are on 4’ elevated platforms.

Comment

If setting up a week or 2 before season I don’t think there is any reason to brush it in. The deer will have plenty of time to get use to it. Now if setting up a new spot the day before or on public land or an area with high hunting pressure you need to brush it in so good that you can’t even see it.

Comment

Hardly ever brush them in. Due to work I won’t be able to set mine up until the 19th and won’t brush them in and I’m guessing they’ll be fine. Never had a problem either.

Comment

It may make us hunters “feel better” but don’t kid yourself. We can brush one in like none other, stand back and say “man that sucker is hid!!” But even brushed in, its their house, they know it’s there. I will admit, I am a tree stand man, but what little I’ve hunted out of popups round here (NE Tx) this has been my experience. If you put it up a few weeks early like everybody has suggested, they’ll at least be pretty much used to it, and get to where it just becomes part of their world. Also depends a lot on your deer and how spooky they are. Good luck, and hope ya get one! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Put mine up 60-90 days in advance.

Comment

Just put mine up today. Brushed in.

Comment

Just the the Dapper method and hunt someone else’s

Comment

Put mine out two weeks ago

Comment

I put one up last week that I also have a loc-on stand at so I could hunt a different wind. I did not brush it in as of yet. Not sure I will. The deer in the Hill Country have never paid much attention to the Blinds in the open. In south texas I always brushed blinds in.

Comment

Pitting mine out next week. I'm with those who say a few weeks are needed for them to get used to it and I dont brush in.

J

Comment

When I used pop ups, I always put them out around opening dove season. Plenty long enough for the deer to get used to it, but it didn’t sit out in the summer sun any longer than I had to.

Comment

I set mine up this weekend. Never brush it in. But it’s tucked into a cluster of small trees and bushes. Only have one shooting lane.

Comment

Working...
                              X