Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever see one of these white speckled hawks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever see one of these white speckled hawks?

I just saw one between lampasas and Kempner so keep an eye out around 580 and 2313.

I saw one this morning! At first I thought my eyes were fooling me. Once I got closer I thought to myself, “self, that looks like a red-tail hawk wearing an owl cloak”. It was awesome to see.

Comment

Saw one in Nac about three winters ago. Took some terrible pics with my cell phone. I went home and got my good camera and could never link up with him again.

Comment

Beautiful bird.

Comment

Many years ago I saw some white raptor a couple of different times
          Once on lake Fork, and again on a cell tower just north of Point
          Never did figure out what it was. Sitting in a tree first time and sitting on cell tower the next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one that stays around my house. The guy next to us has racing pigeons and hates him.

Comment

We had a pair of Merlin’s raise a clutch in the woods by our neighborhood pool. And, we are covered up in Mississippi Kites every year. Love watching all the raptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen 2 white/ albino ? Red tails in my life. One in Kansa, and one on Lake Fork that we watched for several days. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  I saw one this morning! At first I thought my eyes were fooling me. Once I got closer I thought to myself, “self, that looks like a red-tail hawk wearing an owl cloak”. It was awesome to see.
                  Basically the same thing that went through my mind

Comment

I saw a pure white hawk, a red tail because it’s mate was always around, in the same area for three years. It was south and west of the **** on Lake Whitney.

Comment

Working...
                    X