What .22 suppressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
    Me too, I wouldn't attempt one unless I had proven plans. I have access to a machine shop.
    There are tons of solvent traps out there F1builder.com has some but the kits run 1/2 of a store bought can and I just am not sure if it’s worth it. The short wait would be the best part!

Comment

Me too, I wouldn't attempt one unless I had proven plans. I have access to a machine shop.
      If that's the case you can make a simple monocore or one that uses K baffles. I have made several using SS tube and aluminum K baffles and they workjust fine. It takes about $10-$20 worth of materials for a rimfire can

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
        How did you build it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Bought a "solvent trap", bought freeze plugs that fit inside, used a metal cone from the end of gear puller to push the freeze plugs into a cone shape to create the baffles. Works great. I did mine several years ago. There are far better "kit" options out there now and quality machined cones to create baffles out of.

Comment

If you've got access to a machine shop and the skills to do it you should definitely build your own. You could put flat washers in it for baffles and it would quiet it down.

Another trap option. https://www.form1builder.com/product...%80%a2-a-cell/

Comment

Mask

Comment

sparrow I got mine a year or so ago, it is great.

Comment

I have a Spectre II and have a Mask in jail. Looking forward to see if the Mask lives up to its hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a spectre 2, and a Warlock
                  Buddy has the DeadAir Mask

If I was gonna get another one, I'd get the Mask

DeadAir is pretty solid all around with any of their cans.

Comment

Any other answer beside the DA Mask is just wrong....

Comment

Mask

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                        If that's the case you can make a simple monocore or one that uses K baffles. I have made several using SS tube and aluminum K baffles and they workjust fine. It takes about $10-$20 worth of materials for a rimfire can
                        I may do one with K baffles. Been doing a little research and this is doable with limited plans. My brother in law owns a machine shop, and he has expressed interest in a .22 suppressor. I will get with him in the next couple of months to see if he wants to do this. He lives near Baytown, so I don't see him but a couple of times a year.

Comment

Other than not having to wait a year, I don’t see the advantage to this kit. It’s not much cheaper than most 22LR cans on the market.

Comment

I run the Rugged Oculus and I love it, you can run it in the K configuration or the full size when you want more sound suppression.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Other than not having to wait a year, I don’t see the advantage to this kit. It’s not much cheaper than most 22LR cans on the market.

Not waiting a year is the only advantage. If they were over the counter like they should be I would have never built one. I've done 3 now for myself and supervised a buddy on another.

Comment

Working...
                              X