Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your deer camp have that ours don't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple questions, what cool thing/s does your deer camp, hunting lease have that ours don't?

I like to add conveniences or fix things up a bit each year to make our camp better and was just looking for ideas.

So what you got?

A hot tub just off the back porch! With the right wind, you can hunt out of it [emoji23] And no... not pet deer. LF in duval county with tons of poaching...

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 08-30-2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

250 head of longhorn?

Comment

A walk-in cooler is awesome
        Functioning windmill with cistern full of cold water to swim in
        Covered skinning rack
        Wrap around porch to relax/cook/eat
        Last edited by Patton; 08-30-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          A Walk in coolers is awesome
          Walk in cooler for sure. An ice machine is a game changer, but ours doesn’t work anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
            A Walk in coolers is awesome
            Our old lease had a windmill “pool.”

It was super nice on lease work days to get in and cool off. It was Chlorinated and everything. Man, it was nice.

New lease has a walk in cooler. This will be my first time having one.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
              Walk in cooler for sure. An ice machine is a game changer, but ours doesn’t work anymore.
              Never thought about an ice machine! That’s a dang good idea.

Comment

Those are some good ideas already. Any kind of pool would be nice but I don't think we could keep it clean. Thought many times about getting one of these semi blow up pools from wal-mart but talked myself out of it.

Comment

This is my first year on this new place, hopefully I like it and can start sprucing it up little by little. Right now it’s just a couple trailers in a circle with a fire put in the middle.

The place I grew up hunting on that my dad still has is nice. Cabin, covered cooking area, covered cleaning station, ice machin, walk in cooler!

The windmill with the pool sounds awesome though!!

Comment

Satellite TV, 50" TV, Outdoor Shower, Camp Fire.

Comment

our ranch is pretty simple, all we have is running water and we have kept it that way over 20 years, its nice to completely get away from all the modern technology and rough it every weekend. We do have our storage tank up by our windmill that we swim in during the summer and fall when its hot out. Kinda cool to me we've kept it basic and minimal all this time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                        Our old lease had a windmill “pool.”

It was super nice on lease work days to get in and cool off. It was Chlorinated and everything. Man, it was nice.

New lease has a walk in cooler. This will be my first time having one.
                        I have that windmill and large cistern that looks like a great swimming pool. Did you do anything to the water besides chlorine? shock it like a swimming pool? It does look tempting during the summer

Comment

450 foot cell tower

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                            I have that windmill and large cistern that looks like a great swimming pool. Did you do anything to the water besides chlorine? shock it like a swimming pool? It does look tempting during the summer
                            I've always wanted to add a chlorine floater to ours but just never have. It stays clear and there is minimal algae growing on the walls/benches.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Patton; 08-30-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

We have a pretty cool setup out the backdoor for hanging out with a concrete patio, outdoor fireplace (needs a little TLC), and large oaks. Also, the San Saba River runs through the place which makes for an enjoyable evening after working all day.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X