Solar phone chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar phone chargers

Finally headed back to Colorado to hunt this year. Thinking about a solar charger I can keep in my pack.
    What do you folks use?

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    Finally headed back to Colorado to hunt this year. Thinking about a solar charger I can keep in my pack.

What do you folks use?

Goal Zero makes some pretty good foldable solar panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a goal zero nomad 7 that I use to charge my venture 30 power banks and I have no complaints.

Comment

I had a fold open Goal Zero a few years back, didn’t think it was that impressive

Comment

Appreciate the input gentleman...I'll check them out

Comment

They make small portable battery packs now. I'd get a couple of those as well. Those hold enough to charge your phone 2-3 times and you can use your solar charger to charge them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
              They make small portable battery packs now. I'd get a couple of those as well. Those hold enough to charge your phone 2-3 times and you can use your solar charger to charge them.
              I was thinking I saw something like that at ace hardware or some place like that
              I'll check into those as well
              ..thanks

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                I have a goal zero nomad 7 that I use to charge my venture 30 power banks and I have no complaints.
                Might need on soon. Gonna check that out.

Comment

I was thinking I saw something like that at ace hardware or some place like that
                  ..thanks
                  You can get those anywhere. Just google portable charger. I scored 6 of them for 6 bucks each when academy had that 50% off sale.

Comment

You can get those anywhere. Just google portable charger. I scored 6 of them for 6 bucks each when academy had that 50% off sale.
                    Will do,.appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                      I had a fold open Goal Zero a few years back, didn’t think it was that impressive
                      That just means you aren’t impressed with the sun.

Goal Zero is good stuff. Depending on your usage and time between power, it might make sense to just bring a good battery pack.

Comment

..thanks
                        I use the crap out of these portable power banks. I'd suggest getting the Anker brand. I've had great luck with their longevity and not so great longevity out of a few other brands. Not sure about solar power chargers sorry.

Comment

That sounds a pretty good deal to catch.

Comment

I got Goal Zero 10 kit back in 2012. Come with the solar charger, battery pack that takes rechargeable AA cells (or none AA rechargeable cells). It will run a cell while in use. Comes in a covenant kit where every thing stores in the fold-able solar charger. Hang the charger on your backpack during the day while traversing to charge the power pack. And you can run your cell off the power pack while the power pack is being charged if needed. Also charges GPS that have a usb port/support. You can also charge the power pack from any conventional A\C plug in charge device with the included cable.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-02-2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
                              I use the crap out of these portable power banks. I'd suggest getting the Anker brand. I've had great luck with their longevity and not so great longevity out of a few other brands. Not sure about solar power chargers sorry.
                              This, if the sun don't shine or there os rain, you are covered. And some of the Anker chargers can recharge our phone for weeks without a charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X