Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    Yea, that means you are not selected at all and no chance of being drawn on 2nd draw.
    Per tpwd everybody not draw in 1st round is supposed to be in the 2nd draw...

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Per tpwd everybody not draw in 1st round is supposed to be in the 2nd draw...
      I know. But I’ve been “not selected” and “pending 2nd” on the same hunt on different years. Not sure why or what differentiates it from year to year.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        I know. But I’ve been “not selected” and “pending 2nd” on the same hunt on different years. Not sure why or what differentiates it from year to year.
        As soon as all permits are accepted it switches to not selected as there is no permits remaining for the 2nd draw.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
          As soon as all permits are accepted it switches to not selected as there is no permits remaining for the 2nd draw.
          I don't think thats right, richland creek went immediatly to "not selected" yesterday. All 40 guys paid for their permits immediately?, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            I don't think thats right, richland creek went immediatly to "not selected" yesterday. All 40 guys paid for their permits immediately?, I don't think so.

NM, it's a gov conspiracy to get your money! Don't trust any of them. And never put in again. (You not putting in will better my chances of being drawn, by one.)

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
              That is true but sometimes you will go straight to “not selected” before the end of the draw date and not to pending. Not sure but that does happen. Has to me on the same hunts on different years

Comment

We missed out at powder horn exotic.

Comment

I emailed TPWD last year about pending second draw and not selected on the draw date. They said it's a decision made by each hunt area manager to allow for a second draw or not.

I don't know why they would not want a second draw for folks not buying permits.

Comment

I would suspect if the draw is oversubscribed due to group size, or if a manager thinks the draw is at max, they may just cut it off. Also may be that they leave some for stand by.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                      I emailed TPWD last year about pending second draw and not selected on the draw date. They said it's a decision made by each hunt area manager to allow for a second draw or not.

I don't know why they would not want a second draw for folks not buying permits.
                      Hmmm if they list a set # of permits they should do their best to fill them to applicants, I can definitely see the manager @ RC pulling this cr@p, I hope they put these unclaimed to standby but wouldn't surprise me if they didn't...

Comment

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
                        I was on one of the archery hunts at Enchanted Rock last year. I think there were 18 of us and they had all of us crammed in the front because they said the back was to dangerous to get to because of the recent flooding. It was a fun little hunt and ran well and I think everyone saw deer. Only 2 deer killed though, both by me. A couple of others got shots but didn’t connect.
                        Bummer, I drew Enchated Rock this year, read plenty of mixed opinions. Either way, first TPWD hunt I'll be on so still excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Crippl3creek View Post
                          Bummer, I drew Enchated Rock this year, read plenty of mixed opinions. Either way, first TPWD hunt I'll be on so still excited!
                          I also drew Enchanted Rock this year, definitely looking forward to it

Comment

Drew my first hunt in 18 years of putting in. Beyond excited to say the least! Black Gap Archery Mule Deer for the mid November hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
                              I also drew Enchanted Rock this year, definitely looking forward to it

Congrats, hope to see ya there! Successful or not it should be nice to have bow in hand in one of my favorite parks.

Comment

Originally posted by Crippl3creek View Post
                                Congrats, hope to see ya there! Successful or not it should be nice to have bow in hand in one of my favorite parks.
                                Pretty much my thoughts exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X