Suppressor Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor Advice

I have a DeadAir Sandman and I have a couple of guns with the keymount installed to move the can from one to the next.

I'm ready to order another can and wonder if I should get a direct thread can to mount to my bolt action hunting gun. Will a direct thread can result in better accuracy than I would get mounting the Sandman with the keymount?

I shoot that rifle 400 yards + quite often so I want it as accurate as possible.

Thanks

Go with a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 with CB mount. They are proven accurate.

Crux is another option.

Comment

Have you tried the Sandman on the bolt gun yet to see what kind of accuracy you are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        I have a DeadAir Sandman and I have a couple of guns with the keymount installed to move the can from one to the next.

I'm ready to order another can and wonder if I should get a direct thread can to mount to my bolt action hunting gun. Will a direct thread can result in better accuracy than I would get mounting the Sandman with the keymount?

I shoot that rifle 400 yards + quite often so I want it as accurate as possible.

Thanks
        If I was in your shoes, I would get another Sandman next. You either have the S or the L right now. I would buy whichever one you don't have.

The accuracy question you brought up is a non-issue imo.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post

Crux is another option.
          I second that. They are very repeatable from gun to gun

Comment

If you’re already running Keymo mounts go Nomad. You can run it direct thread (I do), or run the Keymo mounts you already have. You won’t find the Ultra anymore accurate. I’ve had the full line of Ultra cans as demo cans, and only kept the Ultra 7 for some time. It was my favorite can that I’ve had at the time, and still may be. It’s by no means several hundred dollars better than a Nomad though. At the same price I’d have a tough decision to make. At their street prices it’s an easy decision in the Nomads favor.

I run the Nomad mainly on precision rifles. Occasionally goes on an AR. Pretty much the exact same use I ran my Ultra 7 for.

Comment

Just picked up my Sandman S on Tuesday. I have 2 QD for it. One on my AR and one for my custom 7-08mm. The Can will be easy to switch between both was reason I went that route.

Comment

Thanks

While I can’t speak for the sandman specifically, I have shot and tested accuracy with thread on vs quick detach and I can say in my experience the direct thread cans have been more accurate. YMMV. I’ve tested several different brands not just one particular brand and routinely found direct thread performed better for my standards I was looking for.

I say that all with one caveat, if you are already set up for one there is no real “need” to change BUT different guns may be expected to do different things. . .

If I were in your shoes I’d be looking at a direct thread.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  If you’re already running Keymo mounts go Nomad. You can run it direct thread (I do), or run the Keymo mounts you already have. You won’t find the Ultra anymore accurate. I’ve had the full line of Ultra cans as demo cans, and only kept the Ultra 7 for some time. It was my favorite can that I’ve had at the time, and still may be. It’s by no means several hundred dollars better than a Nomad though. At the same price I’d have a tough decision to make. At their street prices it’s an easy decision in the Nomads favor.

I run the Nomad mainly on precision rifles. Occasionally goes on an AR. Pretty much the exact same use I ran my Ultra 7 for.
                  I hadn't thought about the Nomad but this may be a great option. I can run it direct thread and then if I ever want to bounce around to other guns with it I'll throw a Keymo on it.

Here's what I'm thinking. Sandman on my ARs with Keymo and Nomad direct thread on my hunting rifle.

Comment

I hadn't thought about the Nomad but this may be a great option. I can run it direct thread and then if I ever want to bounce around to other guns with it I'll throw a Keymo on it.

Here's what I'm thinking. Sandman on my ARs with Keymo and Nomad direct thread on my hunting rifle.
                    Yeah, do that. I completely forgot about the Nomad when I said what I said. TXRUBI is a great resource!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post

Crux is another option.
                      X2 Those are the only 2 I would go with.

Comment

I run my sandman s on multiple guns and haven't has a single problem. Stays right where I left it from sight in

Comment

I run a Dead Air Nomad in DT on my long range bolt guns right now. It's a **** good can! just my 2 cents

Comment

Another vote for Thunder Beast Ultra 7 for precision

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                              I run a Dead Air Nomad in DT on my long range bolt guns right now. It's a **** good can! just my 2 cents
                              Done any comparing with other cans on DB reduction?

Comment

Working...
                              X