Venison (Healthy cooking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison (Healthy cooking)

Anybody have recommendations for venison steaks that are not fried and somewhat healthy while still tasting great?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reverse sear

Comment

Olive oil, salt and pepper to 120 degrees or so.

Comment

Paint them with some McCormick Montreal steak seasoning marinade and put on a hot grill for a minute or so each side. Or,cut to size,wrap them around a jalepeno and some pepper jack cheese and wrap that in bacon and grill it till bacon is done.

Comment

Smothers steaks.
          Season some thin steaks as you like and dust with light coating of flour. Pan sear both sides.
          I use a can of stewed tomatoes, put the chunks of tomato either under the steaks in the pan or on top of them, add carrots and potatoes on top of meat and pour the tomato liquid over all. Add some water. Season with salt and pepper and garlic salt.
          Cover and bake at 400 or so for 1 1/2 hrs or so, time and temps can be adjusted to your cooking preferences.

Comment

Souse Vide 129.5 for two hours with just salt pepper and garlic powder than pear burner to get a nice crust.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              Souse Vide 129.5 for two hours with just salt pepper and garlic powder than pear burner to get a nice crust.
              I'll second the Sous Vide. If you don't have a pear burner, you can sear em in a hot cast iron skillet too.

Comment

InstaPot pressure cooker. Add beef broth and cook for 1hr+. Renders out tender meat you can use on anything you want.

Comment

Search for an old thread on here titled "skillet backstrap". It's awesome and simple.

Comment

Here is your answer. We love venison this way.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sliced thin. Marinate in favorite steak seasoning. Cook in frying pan with olive oil. Think kid of like pepper steak. We do another pan with a mix of peppers onions mushrooms squash or zucchini. After you have flipped the steaks toss them in to finish up with the veggies.

Comment

Butter and garlic in cast iron skillet over HIGH heat. Don't overdo cooking.

Comment

Thanks all!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by swanjts View Post
                            Here is your answer. We love venison this way.
                            I'm gonna give this a try. Thanks Jim

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                              Olive oil, salt and pepper to 120 degrees or so.
                              This. Pan sear each side, then throw on smoker until 120. Slice about 1/4", add some bleu cheese or Gorgonzola on top. Granted that sort of negates the healthy. But this is how we do all tenderloins.

I would post a photo if I could get them to work.
                              Last edited by WItoTX; 04-02-2019, 08:01 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                              X