X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarbell recurve

Has anyone heard of Tarbell recurves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had never heard of them, so I googled them. Looks like they were a low priced production bow that was sold on eBay.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That’s all I was pulling up as well. I liked the pics of it so I went ahead and traded a Hoyt Buffalo riser for it. He probably got a better deal but as long as it’ll shoot alright I’m fine with it. I was trying to find out if it was fast flight compatible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Never heard of the bow, so I hope you come out good on the deal. Almost All bows are fast flight compatible... If you don't mind padding the loops on some. I believe Rick Barbee may have some how-to's or something on making that happen if you're interested.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I could find online, those bows sold for around $190, shipping included. So, if your riser was worth around $200 or less, then you did OK.

On the other hand, even if your riser was worth more, if you get along with the new bow and like it, then you still did OK!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Neil Tarbell built them. I remember seeing a lot of them years ago. Seems like he was from the pacific NW. Never seen one in person, but I seem to remember hearing that they were pretty good bows. Another one that made really good bows and reasonable prices was Don Dow. His bows are still being made but can't remember the name right now.

Comment

Speaking of Tarbell.

Comment

Working...
                X