New Superduty interest rate... and the best deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Superduty interest rate... and the best deal

Alright you TBH geniuses... I’m looking to buy a 2019 Superduty in the next few weeks (hopefully). I’ve always bought used trucks, this is going to be my first go at a brand new one. What can I expect for an interest rate these days? I know that you can usually get better rates on new vehicles. I’ll be putting about 20% down and have very good credit. I’ve talked to a couple salesmen about the 0% they offer from time to time on other vehicles and they’ve all said to never expect that on Superdutys. What do y’all think?

Along those lines, how do y’all go about getting your best deal? Online shop? Go door to door? Is their internet price really their lowest price? I read on here a while back that a guy picked a handful of dealerships that all had what he was looking for and sent an email to all of them and let them battle it out. What should be my plan there?

If you are a member of a credit union talk to them. They will do the shopping for you. Best price and best rate.

Comment

They dont ever offer 0 on superduty. They trick u by showing a commercial for f150 and showing a blip of a 250. Then offering 0 on a 150. That said I'd try for 15k off your sticker start there. Take additional rebates ford offers..even if u have to finance thru them. Then refinance it. You can find in the 3 to 4 percent area for 60 to 72 months. A lariat ultimate w some good options should run you after ttl right at 60 to 61 out the door. I played the game last yr on my 18. See if your work also has any ford incentive programs, although you can typically get under those plans with dealers who are willing to deal.

Comment

Ford considers superduty a commercial vehicle, that's why I was told they wont offer a 0 on 250. My truck is financed thru city credit union here in dallas. Saw your local.. another that had really good rates was texans credit union. Typically when u buy it, finance it thru ford, that ll knock off 1500. Then just refi it after your first payment

Comment

They will offer you the best deal (incentive money) to finance through Ford Motor Company Credit, typically something like additional $1500 off. The best rate you are going to get from FMCC is going to be 5-6%. Take the money, take the high rate, and then go refinance at whatever bank you feel like. If you're a stand up guy, you'll make 3 payments with FMCC first, reason being, the dealership won't get reimbursed for that incentive unless you are with them for 90 days. No law against moving before then, just you doing the dealership a solid. I personally made my 3 payments and then refi'd at my credit union (TDECU) for 2.99%

As for what to expect, some dealerships show you darn near best and final on line, some make you call or come in. You'll be doing good to get $10k off sticker on a 2019, $8k is probably more realistic.

This dealership typically shows close to their best price online, my experience here was that they are more inclined to over value your trade to make the deal than they are to come off the price of the truck.

Comment

Internet is not always their lowest price. I was able to get under the internet price by 1500. When they did that, then we had our deal.

Comment

I got almost 15k off my 18 in March of 18 last yr. Didnt have to wait till the end of the year. Make it clear to them your here to buy a truck and not play games all day. Tell them that being said hit em w a number and see where they come back at. If buying a lariat, all of em are gona come w a big spread of options on em. So not all lariats are apples for apples.

Comment

internet price is never their best price
                what they tell you is their best price, is not their best price. once you get to their 2nd or 3rd claim of a best price, make them do some small add ons to close the deal (window tint, running boards, grill guard, seat covers, floor liners, etc..)
                best deals are always made in person
                credit union will have best interest rates more than likely. Talk to one and know that rate before you walk into the dealership.
                good luck!

Comment

Local credit union and Bill Frick Ford.

More than likely they will beat ANYONES price and deliver to your front door.

Comment

The 2020 will have the 10 speed transmission. You may want to consider waiting if you can (to either get the 2020 or perhaps a (possibly) substantially better deal on the 2019. Good advice above on the question posed.

Comment

Find out what the best rate you can qualify for at a credit union. They will almost always beat a bank rate. Get the dealer financing to get the most incentives you can, then refinance. I have done that on my last 3 vehicles.

If you have good credit then you should not be afraid of qualifying for the best rate. .

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        internet price is never their best price
                        what they tell you is their best price, is not their best price. once you get to their 2nd or 3rd claim of a best price, make them do some small add ons to close the deal (window tint, running boards, grill guard, seat covers, floor liners, etc..)
                        best deals are always made in person
                        credit union will have best interest rates more than likely. Talk to one and know that rate before you walk into the dealership.
                        good luck!
                        This, and do whatever you want after you sign with Ford.

90 days to help the dealership... pft

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check prices through Costco it’s very difficult to beat buying through them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            Check prices through Costco it’s very difficult to beat buying through them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed we saved $4500 just for having a Costco card when we bought my wife’s car through their buyers program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have access to the USAA vehicle program their prices take a lot of the fight out.

Comment

Working...
                              X