10/22 action not smooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/22 action not smooth

I just pulled my Ruger 10/22 out after not shooting it for awhile and noticed the bolt assembly / bolt handle / recoil spring was not as smooth as last time I shot it. Disassembled cleaned and oiled put back together and its still not smooth almost feels like its rubbing on something. is it the spring not on correctly or...

Any advice?

Thanks

bump

Comment

Well guess there aint any ruger experts out there, shot it over the weekend with new sparrow suppressor and it functioned as should, still has that odd rubbing feel to it when pulling bolt back but like I said worked flawlessly so will continue to clean oil as I have and guess it is fine.

Comment

Was hoping you'd gotten an answer, having the same issue. Can't find any extra wear marks or anything that aren't normal.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
          I just pulled my Ruger 10/22 out after not shooting it for awhile and noticed the bolt assembly / bolt handle / recoil spring was not as smooth as last time I shot it. Disassembled cleaned and oiled put back together and its still not smooth almost feels like its rubbing on something. is it the spring not on correctly or...

Any advice?

Thanks
          Did you remove the spring from the bolt and clean it out and the pin that goes through it? I like to use a aerosol cleaner on 22s to blast as much of the burnt powder out of all of the hard to get to places. Semi auto 22s usually get pretty dirty.

I am pretty sure my 10/22 had a gritty feel when cocking it a couple of times, I cleaned it up and the problem was cured. I also use some long Q tips to clean out my guns. I don't remember what they are supposed to be used for, but I have found them a few times. I want to say they are used for medical purposes, to clean out wounds. I use them to clean inside receivers, ect.

Comment

Thanks no I have not taken spring off yet didn't know you could, ill try an look for a video. are you talking about spring inside the bolt assembly or on charging handle.

Comment

Working...
            X