Hog Poison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Poison?

I haven't paid attention but whats the latest on this? Was it completely approved? Where to buy?

No it wasn't. No remedy at this time.

Comment

TPWD is working on it I think they are going to give you 4 hog days at thanksgiving. Oh wait that's not right. Kill more hogs.

Comment

LOL. This thread won't end well.

Comment

lead poisoning is the best.

Comment

The toxicant (warfarin) that was pushed by Sid Miller was not approved. Realistically it was too slow acting and the pigs needed to eat too much for it to be effective.

The feds are still testing another toxicant but it is still in development and ultimately may not be available off the shelf. Last I heard it was still a couple years out. But it is very effective

Comment

If they would just limit us to 2 a year and put tags on license, it would help..... cause we would poach them off the planet.

No poison approved yet, and I wouldn’t hold my breath. Also wouldn’t expect TPWD to come up with a “good idea”... they ain’t known for that, just more regulation

Comment

Someone needs to tell the red Chinese feral hog gall bladder will make there dying yang. They will be killed of shortly.

No offence.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

If auto insurance companies can come up with more money there will be a poison approved in no time. They have to get the deer killed off first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                    lead poisoning is the best.

Beat me to it

Comment

Hogs are to land now like carp were to Texas waters years ago.

Just accept the fact they are here to stay and make the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Hogs are to land now like carp were to Texas waters years ago.

Just accept the fact they are here to stay and make the best of them.
                        Pretty much this. They are too prolific of a breeder. Big arse rabbits with cutters. And massive range. Too much open land to push them to. Just like fire ants, all you can do is push them away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          No remedy at this time.
                          Is that code for Remedy works too?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                            The toxicant (warfarin) that was pushed by Sid Miller was not approved. Realistically it was too slow acting and the pigs needed to eat too much for it to be effective.

The feds are still testing another toxicant but it is still in development and ultimately may not be available off the shelf. Last I heard it was still a couple years out. But it is very effective
                            Wasn't part of the problem with that where the deer may ingest it as well? I wonder how they will ever be able to separate the two in poisoning and if predators will be effected with all the dead hogs lying around?

Comment

Instead of spending the money on poison, how bout take that money and put a bounty on them. Pay the hunter. Talk about motivation! Getting a small payment to kill pigs, sign me up. Doesnt have to be much, say $20 bucks a tail.

Last year, TBH totaled 2,051 hogs logged on the KAP 2018. That would only be a smidge over 40k in payout.

Allot 5M a year in a "agricultural regeneration effort" account and tell the hunters to get after it..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X