Anyone been on Norwegian Jewel cruise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been on Norwegian Jewel cruise?

We are headed out Monday for a 7 day Alaska cruise on the Norwegian jewel, anyone been? Things to do? This will be my first cruise so I’m not sure what to expect.

You will want to get some fishing in....

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
      You will want to get some fishing in....
      3 days salmon/halibut booked at the end of the cruise In Stika.

Comment

Just got back from an 11 day cruise in the Mediterranean on a NCL vessel.

Wish I had good things to say about NCL, but I will never get on another one of their vessels again.

I hope your experience is better than mine.

Comment

I've been on a few Norwegian cruises, but non to Alaska. The first couple were good. The last one was interesting in many ways. Long story short, we were on a the cruise for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. My wife (fiance at the time) ended up having to get her ring finger amputated at the last knuckle in Belize 3 months before our wedding. That doctor really thought i wasn't going to get off the boat with her also. We go on Carnival now.

Comment

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
            I've been on a few Norwegian cruises, but non to Alaska. The first couple were good. The last one was interesting in many ways. Long story short, we were on a the cruise for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. My wife (fiance at the time) ended up having to get her ring finger amputated at the last knuckle in Belize 3 months before our wedding. That doctor really thought i wasn't going to get off the boat with her also. We go on Carnival now.
            ***?

Comment

Originally posted by antonlsu View Post
              Just got back from an 11 day cruise in the Mediterranean on a NCL vessel.

Wish I had good things to say about NCL, but I will never get on another one of their vessels again.

I hope your experience is better than mine.
              Care to elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                ***?
                Google de-gloving and stay away from doors with no closures
                Last edited by Thayden2; 08-08-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

We did Alaska on the Jewel last year. We had a good time and the ship was nice. You are mainly on it at night if you are doing northbound or southbound. The sit-down dining is MUCH better than the buffet for dinners.

Comment

My wife went on the Norwegian Sun a couple years ago. She enjoyed almost everything about the Alaska cruise, except maybe the 15’ waves and the ship creaking and groaning like it was gonna break apart. She had nothing to compare to, since that was her first and only cruise, but she did enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                        We did Alaska on the Jewel last year. We had a good time and the ship was nice. You are mainly on it at night if you are doing northbound or southbound. The sit-down dining is MUCH better than the buffet for dinners.
                        This we went on the Norwegian bliss last year. It was ok. Not my thing. The sit down paid meals where great. Breakfast was ehh.. Best part was getting off the boat and eating in town at dives when we could.

Ohh and we had the liquor package we spent 90% of our time at the observation deck bar up at the front. We drank "ALOT" watched alaska go by the window and played cards.

Comment

The train ride in Skagway is a must in my opinion... It was awesome it goes up into canada and back down. It was about 40deg and misting rain when we road it up and came back.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                            The train ride in Skagway is a must in my opinion... It was awesome it goes up into canada and back down. It was about 40deg and misting rain when we road it up and came back.
                            We are doing this. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                              Sit down dining is not included right? At least that’s the way it sounds to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X