Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
      I have 2 Spartans that will quit working before the end of 2019 , something about Verizon shutting them off.
      I bought a solar powered spartan in September that has worked well and still on the first set of batteries
      Verizon is shutting down their 3g network December 31 of this year. It effects all 3g devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Best wireless camera

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
        What kind of data plan does spypoint offer, and can I use ATT instead of them if I wanted?
        Thanks
        Bert
        No. Data may only be purchased through Spypoint.

Last edited by Roscoe; 01-17-2019, 09:34 AM.

Comment

My covert misses a lot of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            Do you have a link or other source for this? I had heard they would not activate/support the 3G ones going forward but i have never heard they would stop transmitting pics.
            Verizon is shutting down their 3g network at the end of the year. All 3g devices on their network will be effected. No way for a 3g camera to send pictures if there is no 3g network.

AT&T will do the same in 1-2 years. No firm date on their 3g shut down yet.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              I was just about to ask if anyone has used the bushnells they’ve really peaked my interest, and they’ve made great trail cams for years so was def wondering about their cell cams
              The Impulse is their newest cell cam available right now. You buy the ATT data plan through them. It’s the highest cost plan I know of right now at $19.99/month.

Comment

Best wireless camera

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                I have run lots of Coverts and Spartans. I have had better luck with the Spartan as far as reliability. Every Covert I have had took a thousand pictures a week of nothing in the heat of Summer. I rarely get a false picture on my Spartans. That said, I will probably try another Covert when the Spartans die. Spartan customer service is crappy. I've been waiting on a call back from them for over 2 months now.

I just screenshot this and sent it to the owner of Spartan.

If you don’t mind when you have time. Give their CS another call and see if your experience improves.

Last edited by Roscoe; 01-17-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I have run lots of Coverts and Spartans. I have had better luck with the Spartan as far as reliability. Every Covert I have had took a thousand pictures a week of nothing in the heat of Summer. I rarely get a false picture on my Spartans. That said, I will probably try another Covert when the Spartans die. Spartan customer service is crappy. I've been waiting on a call back from them for over 2 months now.
                  You can also try this avenue to get support:

Use the email address and password associated with your spartan camera account to log in.

It’s supported by a couple of very knowledgeable folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    You can also try this avenue to get support:

Use the email address and password associated with your spartan camera account to log in.

It’s supported by a couple of very knowledgeable folks.

I was trying to get my issues resolved during deer season since my lease is 400 miles from where I live. I tried the phone, chat, and email. The chat experience was absolutely horrible. If I were the owner I would disable that feature. That’s only going to make people angry. Anyway, never got resolved and never got a call back or a reply to my email and now I won’t be back at the lease for a few months to try again. This is nothing new. The customer service side of spartan has never been up to par with covert.

Comment

I was trying to get my issues resolved during deer season since my lease is 400 miles from where I live. I tried the phone, chat, and email. The chat experience was absolutely horrible. If I were the owner I would disable that feature. That’s only going to make people angry. Anyway, never got resolved and never got a call back or a reply to my email and now I won’t be back at the lease for a few months to try again. This is nothing new. The customer service side of spartan has never been up to par with covert.
                      10-4. I will share this with him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        Verizon is shutting down their 3g network at the end of the year. All 3g devices on their network will be effected. No way for a 3g camera to send pictures if there is no 3g network.

AT&T will do the same in 1-2 years. No firm date on their 3g shut down yet.

Well looks like I'll have a couple very expensive artifacts soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Well looks like I'll have a couple very expensive artifacts soon enough.
                          Yep, you’ll get 1 more hunting season out of them and then they just be regular trail cameras. I feel your pain, I’ve got 5 ATT 3G’s that eventually will go by the wayside.

Comment

So it seems that people really like the covert and spartan. I’ve been doing reviews and they are both in the middle of the road. I also read that stealth cam has one out that real good? Thank y’all for all the input. I’m just looking for that one that when the pigs get in the trap. Bam! Take a pic and sends to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a thought for the guys not really wanting to throw out a ton of money on a cell cam. Spypoint is releasing their newest cell camera, the Spypoint Link Micro in April. $150 cell camera and probably the smallest one out there. It's something I will be considering here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                                Just a thought for the guys not really wanting to throw out a ton of money on a cell cam. Spypoint is releasing their newest cell camera, the Spypoint Link Micro in April. $150 cell camera and probably the smallest one out there. It's something I will be considering here soon.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                                X