Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why we can't have nice things...

New fence, didn't even make it a full week until one of the neighbors Pecan limbs fell on it.

There's 5 other trees just like it to the left along the fence line... and no, the neighbor didn't pitch in a dime for his "half" or help me remove a single twig or existing chain link to clear the fence line.

and guess who got to remove this?

Curious if I can compel him to trim his branches back so they don't over hang my property? My electric service line in particular.

Click image for larger version

Name:	@#$@!.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	25180758

Sue for damages. Looks like about $5.37 so far. I was under the impression you could trim any limbs that hung over the property line.

Comment

Anything, hanging over the property line.....
      Cut it off..….

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
        Sue for damages. Looks like about $5.37 so far. I was under the impression you could trim any limbs that hung over the property line.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
          Plus labor - In today's world the total comes to $3,005.37

Comment

Cut at will.

Comment

Looks like some of the base of that tree is on your side of the line

Piece of solid copper wire inserted into a hole slightly larger than said wire will kill the whole tree I have been told

Comment

Do the trees make pecans and do any of them fall in your yard?
                I would probably not make to much of a fuss about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Looks like some of the base of that tree is on your side of the line

Piece of solid copper wire inserted into a hole slightly larger than said wire will kill the whole tree I have been told
                    No, that tree is actually in my yard... the other 6 are on his side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tree2 (260 x 600).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	24582973
                    Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 06-10-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bownutone View Post
                      Lived here 20 years and can't recall ever seeing a pecan from them. I usually wouldn't make a fuss, but for the fact that I just shelled out good money for this fence.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Never heard of this...do you have send voltage through the copper wire?

Comment

If I set up a GoFundMe page for you and 20 of us pledge .30, you'll have enough to replace said damaged fence component. You donate the 2:46 minutes of labor...TADA!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Thanks Landrover. Forgot the smiley.

Comment

Looks like the bottom of that one tree is in his yard by the look of the bottom of your fence.

Comment

Working...
                              X