Be Careful Brothers--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Careful Brothers--

Had just filled this one and was cranking it back up and noticed that the cable was twisted about 3 times around itself above the feeder. Carefully untwisted it and resumed the cranking and about 3-4 turns later down it came. Cable snapped. Fortunately I was well outside the feeder leg with the winch on it. Oh well, get to build another tomorrow and bring this one home and see if the mechanism survived the crash---barrel doesn't have ground legs.

And, here's a pic of the biggest live oak I've seen---it's on my lease about 75 yds from the stand. Corn sack is there to give you some size reference.

Glad ur ok.

#standnfill

Comment

One of the biggest rules in the oil patch is never get under a suspended load. I would say this goes for the deer lease as well.

Comment

Crank up feeders are dangerous......glad you didnt get hurt and hope you can salvage some parts.

Comment

That's always on my mind with crankup feeders. Good that you bring this to everyone's attention. Getting whacked by 300# is not a good day.

Comment

Same thing happened to a friend of mine a couple weeks ago. He was out of the way also.

Comment

Real big tree

Comment

I had one fall last season . The chain link that held the pulley gave way . Feeder set up was atleast 25 years old .

Comment

Yup. Also, don't be standing underneath tripod feeder when moving it. One of the legs popped out.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Stand and fill feeders

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Stand and fill feeders

Yep
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3252.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	24632360

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good reason for a stand and fill right there.

Comment

When is the last time you changed the cable? I change mine out every other year. And, I grease them regularly.

Comment

Dang glad that didn’t get you!

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                              One of the biggest rules in the oil patch is never get under a suspended load. I would say this goes for the deer lease as well.

And if I’d had a nickel for every idiot that would look up while running thru, the whole time I’m blowing a horn or whistle we’d all be rich!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X