It’s funny.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s funny.....

It’s funny how your opinion changes over the years. I can remember starting out shooting a compound over 35 years ago. The idea of shooting a crossbow just never did appeal to me. Fast forward to 2017 with four heart attacks, 6 stints, And a quadruple bypass left me not able to pull a bow back. I stopped hunting all together.
    Fast forward to today and I just bought my first crossbow. I may not be 100% physically able as I once was. But I’ll be darned if I’m giving it all up and sit on the sidelines. I’ll have to say I got pretty excited when the FedEx man dropped it off. :-)
    Here’s to being a little bit more humble, and perhaps a little bit more wise.
    Attached Files

Good for you! Get out and hunt.

Comment

Yep whatever it takes to stay in the woods!

Comment

Get 'er done! Have fun and enjoy hunting again!

Comment

I loved to talk crap about crossbows, but my time is coming when I will have to use one

Comment

Good for you go out and enjoy the outdoors again

Comment

I went to a crossbow because of a shoulder problem. Don’t miss my recurves and compounds at all. I enjoy close range hunting. Took three deer last year all at less than 15 yards. Wish I had started crossbow hunting ten years earlier. Went to box blinds too instead of tripods or climbers. I don’t call it getting old, I call it getting smart.

Comment

Heck yeah and they make a good crossbow for the money. My son and wife both killed deer and hogs with there's.

Comment

May I ask how much that set you back?
                  These days every thing seems harder. Hold a wrench at weird angles, reach up for long periods, hold a weed eater for more then an hour, shovels are now worthless tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good for you. I am getting there quickly

Comment

Respect.

Comment

I'm glad folks enjoy it.
                        But I sure as hell hope I die before that time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I'm glad folks enjoy it.
                          But I sure as hell hope I die before that time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That post was greatness!

Y’all are all getting old! I’m sure my time will come for a crossbow sooner than I hope or will want.. God bless y’all for wanting to keep getting out there to hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by KIETHSTONE View Post
                            May I ask how much that set you back?
                            These days every thing seems harder. Hold a wrench at weird angles, reach up for long periods, hold a weed eater for more then an hour, shovels are now worthless tools.

It was $379 for the whole package. (Quiver, arrows, scope)

Comment

Glad your still kick-m Shaun! I'll be X-bowing this year too. Haven't deer hunted the last two years. And no hunting at all last year. I've been working on regaining some of my health back. But will never have it all back again. Stay at it brother! Hunting is a darn good reason to get out. And to take care of your self.

I just got a new ground blind chair in for my public hunting. 7.5lbs, swivels, and has adjustable/removable legs. 300lb rating. Millennial G100.

Comment

Working...
                              X