Wasp MORTEM Broadhead Test vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out my latest Broadhead Test. Lots more coming soon. https://youtu.be/fd6kpUmJb-M

Did you try another head on that durability test. Enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyl View Post
      Did you try another head on that durability test. Enjoyed it.

I’ve tested many heads on that plate. On my YouTube Channel there is a playlist of all my Broadhead Tests. I have about 85 vids there. In 2020 I’ve been using the .22 gauge steel plate for fixed blade durability tests. Many heads have made it thru 5 times unscathed. The Mortem and the Ramcat Hydroshock lost blades on the first shot. Check out the vids, if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
        I’ve tested many heads on that plate. On my YouTube Channel there is a playlist of all my Broadhead Tests. I have about 85 vids there. In 2020 I’ve been using the .22 gauge steel plate for fixed blade durability tests. Many heads have made it thru 5 times unscathed. The Mortem and the Ramcat Hydroshock lost blades on the first shot. Check out the vids, if you’re interested.

Have you tested the new Rage Hypodermic NC?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve begun testing it.

Comment

Another awesome video and test. Very informative. Thanks for posting. Your tests are very consistent from each test and I have learned a lot about several different broad heads I have been considering.

Comment

good test, but until deer start wearing armor, Im good with a blade breaking on steel. Flight quality and sharpness has always been a Wasp standard
              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-19-2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                good test, but until deer start wearing armor, Im good with a blade breaking on steel. Flight quality and sharpness has always been a Wasp standard

Haha. Never heard that one before. Like I said in the vid, I’ve used Wasps successfully many times over the years. My favorite was the Boss Bullet. The point of the test is that some heads can handle the steel plate and some can’t. While a head like the Mortem or the Ramcat may be fine in most hunting situations, why would you not select a head that can hold up well to 5 shots thru steel plate? If there are heads with the same cost, same cut, same flight, same penetration, same sharpness, wouldn’t you want the most durable one? And there are heads like that—and some with even a larger cut—that come out of the steel plate after 5 shots and still look brand new.

Last edited by Bowhuntr64; 08-19-2020, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
                  Haha. Never heard that one before. Like I said in the vid, I’ve used Wasps successfully many times over the years. My favorite was the Boss Bullet. The point of the test is that some heads can handle the steel plate and some can’t. While a head like the Mortem or the Ramcat may be fine in most hunting situations, why would you not select a head that can hold up well to 5 shots thru steel plate? If there are heads with the same cost, same cut, same flight, same penetration, same sharpness, wouldn’t you want the most durable one? And there are heads like that—and some with even a larger cut—that come out of the steel plate after 5 shots and still look brand new.

Would you be referencing the Annihilator and Sevr 1.5"??

Comment

No. But both of those held up well to the steel plate. The Exodus is an example: 1 1/4” cut as opposed to 11/8 and has thicker blades, deeper penetration, excellent flight and sharpness and looked brand new after the steel plate. Another is the Grim Reaper Micro Hades Pro, but there are others. If you look up my vid called, Broadhead Testing and Scores for 2020 or something like that, I post the scores of 30+ heads I tested in the first half of 2020.

But I do understand almost any head will kill an animal. And we all have our personal faves. I’m just curious if there are some that are better than others in certain areas or in every area...hence the consistent tests for comparison sake.

Comment

Do you have a website that tracks your history of tests? That would be cool.

Comment

The next time that I go hunting steel-plated animals, I'm gonna take your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          The next time that I go hunting steel-plated animals, I'm gonna take your advice.

That’s so so funny. Good one. Pls read my comment above re that same comment.

Comment

Great video. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Not going to lie, I am surprised to no see the Annihilator on that list....

Comment

Working...
                              X