Laptop suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop suggestions

Needing to buy a laptop and need some help.
    Since the schooling will be virtual for my kids I want something we can all use.
    Not a Mac though.

What do I look for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife bought the kids a pair of Chromebooks for schooling this year.

Comment

we got Surface pro's and they have been great

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am having battery problems with a brand new HP so can’t recommend that brand

Comment

Chromebooks

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
          My wife bought the kids a pair of Chromebooks for schooling this year.
          I'm no guru...I bought a ACER chromebooks 15...3-4-5 y ago been great wife was so impressed we bought a second...But for my google/banking/Amaz/ebay /utube/TB.c../craigs/getting it to print was different /and has no disc drive been great will buy again

Comment

We’re trying to decide between a Chromebook and a PC laptop. Son is going into highschool and will do nearly all his work online, but might stilll need to install Office and CAD programs for homework, his 3D printer, and other stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Pc laptop. Chrome books can be limited in storage and memory. I doubt they can handle a robust CAD program. Look at Lenovo

Comment

Make sure you get the most RAM you can afford, after that intel i7 or similir. SSD hard drive and you should be good to go.

Comment

I have 2 Lenovo’s and have been happy with them.

Comment

Look at Open Box items at Best Buy. I've bought a couple that way and it always saves me a couple hundred. Don't 9verthink the computer either, but definitely go for SSD and at least 6 gigs of RAM. The hard drive doesn't even need to be that big anymore. I went from a 750 to 128 and I've maybe used half of the drive space, plus a lot of them you can add a SD card to to make more space.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                      I have 2 Lenovo’s and have been happy with them.
                      This. I have a badaise Lenovo laptop and wife has a desktop.

Comment

I went Mac and have been super happy. Fell in love with the whole apple world. Expensive but everything works together. But I guess it is not for everyone. If I every have to windows, I use parallels to run a VM on my Mac and install windows on the VM. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Kind of depends on applications needed.
                          I am a big believer limiting "in home" hardware if necessary to leverage a good cloud subscription.
                          I have family subscription to MS Office cloud
                          everyone has their on "one drive"
                          there are shared drives
                          allows office application to run cloud based or host based

windows 10
                          at least 8G memory 16G is better
                          you can get by with an I3 - I use I5 and I7 but if it comes to memory or processor I am choosing memory
                          I do not look at that flip screen unless i have to. I have all my computers connected to multiple monitors
                          To me there is not that much difference between major brands of hardware
                          I start shopping at Costco, then microsoft.com then newegg.com
                          Costco has the best return policy and while I do not buy their upgraded warranty for my own machines i do buy it for my daughters machines

Comment

We had to get a loaner Chromebook for my granddaughter earlier this year. My desk top PC wouldn't run some of her stuff. For school work, get a Chromebook.

Comment

Any thoughts on AMD vs Intel processor, or is that overthinking it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X