Maine Bear Hunt 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maine Bear Hunt 2020

Friday my wife and I fly to Bangor to see our daughter and do a little hunting in the north woods. Saturday, two buddies fly in and after a lobster dinner we will do some grocery shopping. We head up Sunday to Big Machias Lake Camp for a week long black bear hunt with Oxbow Outfitters. Looking forward to some cool weather and the chance to arrow a nice black bear.

Bags are packed and the bow is shooting well. I just need to see a big one and do my part.

Good Luck Humper, I'll be following this. Hope yall have good cell service to give updates!

Comment

Good luck!!! That’s some beautiful country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
        Good Luck Humper, I'll be following this. Hope yall have good cell service to give updates!
        From what I’m told, cell is very sketchy there. We are about 45 minutes west of Ashland Maine. I’ll try to update as cell is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
          Friday my wife and I fly to Bangor to see our daughter and do a little hunting in the north woods. Saturday, two buddies fly in and after a lobster dinner we will do some grocery shopping. We head up Sunday to Big Machias Lake Camp for a week long black bear hunt with Oxbow Outfitters. Looking forward to some cool weather and the chance to arrow a nice black bear.

Bags are packed and the bow is shooting well. I just need to see a big one and do my part.
          I've always wanted to hunt those black bears with the white breast. Good luck and I am green with envy not only for the bear but the dang lobsters. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
            From what I’m told, cell is very sketchy there. We are about 45 minutes west of Ashland Maine. I’ll try to update as cell is available.

Comment

Hoping for a great report - are y’all doing fully guided or unguided bear hunt?

Comment

One thing about maine is the land up there is CHEAP, its amazing what you can get for less than $300k. I was thought it would be neat to have a bear and grouse camp up there, it really is beautiful there. Good luck on the hunt and post plenty of photos.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                  Hoping for a great report - are y’all doing fully guided or unguided bear hunt?

Guided on this go around.

Comment

Good Luck !!

Comment

Good luck, Jeff!

Comment

Good luck. I was hunting in Ashland last week. They've had a dry year so natural food is scarce, so the bears are hitting the bait barrels hard. For the most part I had good cell service, just lost it a few times when sitting on stand.

Comment

Sounds awesome, good luck!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	470165D4-87A0-4E8A-8AE5-1C915562025F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	24629574
                            Just landed in Bangor. Great weather.

Comment

In - good luck!

Comment