Wasp MORTEM Broadhead Test vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    The next time that I go hunting steel-plated animals, I'm gonna take your advice.
    I enjoy the reviews, thanks for testing them. The steel plate is a good test for durability.

At least he’s posting broadhead reviews on a bowhunting site, and not wine recipes, and his daily encounters at the supermarket. I mean come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      I enjoy the reviews, thanks for testing them. The steel plate is a good test for durability.

At least he’s posting broadhead reviews on a bowhunting site, and not wine recipes, and his daily encounters at the supermarket. I mean come on man.
      I'm not saying that he shouldn't do what he's doing. I just think that there are a whole lot of other attributes that matter more than shooting through steel. I can't think of a single tissue that steel could represent in an animal. I gave up shooting Ramcats not because they don't penetrate steel, but rather because they frankly aren't very sharp out of the package. That led to less than optimum performance on real animals. I think that you can learn much more from people who test on real animals like Ranch Fairy. I have a hard time watching him, because he's so ****ed weird, but the information is priceless.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your videos and reviews

I was pretty surprised that the blade sheared off of that head. Jak-hammers have a permanent spot in my quiver but I've shot a few of their other heads through the years. They've always produced sharp heads that have flown great for me.

Comment

I'm not saying that he shouldn't do what he's doing. I just think that there are a whole lot of other attributes that matter more than shooting through steel. I can't think of a single tissue that steel could represent in an animal. I gave up shooting Ramcats not because they don't penetrate steel, but rather because they frankly aren't very sharp out of the package. That led to less than optimum performance on real animals. I think that you can learn much more from people who test on real animals like Ranch Fairy. I have a hard time watching him, because he's so ****ed weird, but the information is priceless.
          So go watch those videos man? Or better yet, why don’t you start making them?

Don’t go around being a smart aleck on threads of HIM doing reviews how HE wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            So go watch those videos man? Or better yet, why don’t you start making them?

Don’t go around being a smart aleck on threads of HIM doing reviews how HE wants to.
            yup yup

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
              Haha. Never heard that one before. Like I said in the vid, I’ve used Wasps successfully many times over the years. My favorite was the Boss Bullet. The point of the test is that some heads can handle the steel plate and some can’t. While a head like the Mortem or the Ramcat may be fine in most hunting situations, why would you not select a head that can hold up well to 5 shots thru steel plate? If there are heads with the same cost, same cut, same flight, same penetration, same sharpness, wouldn’t you want the most durable one? And there are heads like that—and some with even a larger cut—that come out of the steel plate after 5 shots and still look brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I still use the Boss Bullet today. Never had an issue with them. I guess you make a point except for one thing, I shoot a 75gr head. Not many steel ferruled broadheads that weigh 75gr

Until Wasp goes out of business, I will use that little head and keep killing with it.

Keep doing what you doing. Proof is in the steel.
              Last edited by lovemylegacy; 08-19-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                I still use the Boss Bullet today. Never had an issue with them. I guess you make a point except for one thing, I shoot a 75gr head. Not mant steel ferruled broadheads that weigh 75gr

Until Wasp goes out of business, I will use that little head and keep killing with it.

I took my first buck with a bow with that head. I loved it.

Comment

Man keep doing what you do, its relevant as far as durability.

Comment

I think some of the hogs I have killed had shoulder shields that would compare to that plate in the test.

Comment

The problem with testing quality and durability on animals is that each shot can not be replicated into the same tissue/bone exactly as the previous shot. Each angle and point of impact will be different, every time. This is not good for testing quality and durability. When testing anything, you must have consistency throughout the entire test. All broadheads, if sharpened, will slice and dice if sent behind the shoulder and avoids all bone. The OP is showing how the broadhead will stand up in a worst case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                        The problem with testing quality and durability on animals is that each shot can not be replicated into the same tissue/bone exactly as the previous shot. Each angle and point of impact will be different, every time. This is not good for testing quality and durability. When testing anything, you must have consistency throughout the entire test. All broadheads, if sharpened, will slice and dice if sent behind the shoulder and avoids all bone. The OP is showing how the broadhead will stand up in a worst case scenario.

Absolutely. Thank you! My tests are all about comparisons between heads. Any significant changes in the mediums or processes makes them meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                        X