Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes the easiest to set up pop up blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes the easiest to set up pop up blinds?

I need a run and gun blind with hubs at least 68" wide. BTW: Double Bull is out of the running. I have one, and it's brain surgery every time I try to set that behemoth up. Thanks in advance.

I figured all hub blinds were based on same principle? You eliminated one of the best blinds out there

Comment

If price is a factor, look at the Rhino 200 and 300 that can be found at walmart. They usually go on sale after season ends. I have one that has lasted me two years and its 75" hub to hub i believe. I just take it out of the woods and put back into the box after the season. It has no floor like one of the ameristep blinds do, but i feel it lasts longer.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        I need a run and gun blind with hubs at least 68" wide. BTW: Double Bull is out of the running. I have one, and it's brain surgery every time I try to set that behemoth up. Thanks in advance.

You need a better surgeon...not a better brain.. Just follow these simple steps. Like Passthrough said, hub blinds are pretty much all the same

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCNgoyLJS3A&t=8s"]How to Set Up a Primos Double Bull Ground Blind - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9TYEokedOg"]Primos Double Wide Instructional Set Up - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Run and gun and pop up blinds don’t really go together. If you’re trying to kill with a bow, you’re better off finding thick cover to set up in with a jake and hen decoy facing you, hoping that the Tom comes in and puts his back towards you in order to be “seen” by the decoys.

Comment

The easiest blind to set up is the three hub primos shack attack its big enough to shoot a bow out I’m 6’6” and can shoot out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
              The easiest blind to set up is the three hub primos shack attack its big enough to shoot a bow out I’m 6’6” and can shoot out of it

I forgot about that series! That's a good call for an even lighter carry . Not sure about the setup personally but sat in one ClayW brought to my lease that he set up just to see how it would handle a big guy like me. it was nice fir a single hunter.

Plenty of folks run and bow turkeys with a popup OP..You can see it all over youtube. The first video I posted above is a prime example.
              Last edited by Smart; 03-19-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

It isn't a popup, but look up Lucky tent blinds. They are a little longer to carry but take about five seconds to put up and about the same to take down. I use one and it is great.

Comment

Level up your game plan with our premium hunting blinds. We offer products that will give you the cover you need for a successful hunt.

Not a popup but quick to setup and take down.

Comment

Forget which one is easiest to set up

Look for the one that is easiest to fold back up!

Slew left one out here and I found it in the woods where the wind blew it to this afternoon.

I cussed it for 10min before the thought to check online hit me

Comment

I'd say the cheap ones are the easiest that "pop up". I've got a Rhino and a Double Bull that are easy to me to put up as well as take down.

Comment

I've got the ameristeps. Easy to pop up. Either super easy or rubiks cube hard to fold back up depending on if I pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          You need a better surgeon...not a better brain.. Just follow these simple steps. Like Passthrough said, hub blinds are pretty much all the same

How to Set Up a Primos Double Bull Ground Blind - YouTube

Primos Double Wide Instructional Set Up - YouTube
                          Well, I guess I need to go into the Double Bull thing again. I've had 5-6 popup blinds. The only one that I've had issues with is the DB. As a matter of fact, the way that I got the DB blind is that it was given to me by a friend who was fed up with it. I have watched all of the DB set up videos that I could stand, but it really doesn't matter, because the ends of the poles come out of the pockets every single time it is folded up. I contacted Primos about it, and they sent me extensions, which didn't help. Because the poles come out of the pockets, they have a tendency to break when setting up the blind. I'm certain that I've replaced at least 5 poles over the years due to breakage. I have had to completely disassemble the whole blind 3 times just to get the poles back in place. I realize that you were just trying to help by sending the videos, and I very much appreciate it. I will never, however buy a DB blind.

Comment

Take down as just as easy.. just reverse the steps

Comment

Another vote for Lucky's Tent blinds, I have one that I've used for at least 15 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X