No announcement yet.

My Harley was repossessed by mistake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign the guy up for Buckmasters or send them some cat facts.

Comment

Keep up the fight! Hope you nail their rears to a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        Sign the guy up for Buckmasters or send them some cat facts.
        simmer down paw paw

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          If your arent already videoing any of this then you really :
          a) dont want restitution
          or
          b) dont understand the true ferocious power of youtube and social media.

A video of them tossing that paper at you would have been great on social media

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            I don't understand why you wont get your insurance company involved? Have you talked to them to see what, if anything, they can do? I would at least try that before I pay for a lawyer. Definitely a crappy deal

^^^^^^This.

Comment

I haven't used my insurance company because, no matter what anyone says to the contrary, it will cause my policy to increase. Anytime your insurance company gets involved, expect it.

Besides, right on this company's website it states they are bonded and customer service is top notch. Yeah?!? Its grown into a PITA that I have a hard time giving up on.

Comment

Even if you don't get any money for damages from the repo guy at least you are costing him money in attorney fees.

Comment

Classic game of who done it. All who did it owe you on the damages.
                  Liable parties are:
                  1. Tow truck driver - he strapped down you bike incorrectly and caused damage.
                  2. Tow truck company - if different than the driver, they are the agent of the driver.
                  3. The person who called in the repo.

I'm sure you are doing what you can to investigate, hopefully they make you whole. If it doesn't workout hire a gun slinging lawyer(usually have a year to file a suit). You have great pictures, but DOCUMENT everything. Take notes on every phone call, etc. If you have to go to trial, it will be easier to paint the picture.

Comment

I'm glad to see you are sticking with this for the principle of the matter....something you don't see much of anymore. I still believe that they just hope you get frustrated and go away.

Comment

Just a thought, and I have no idea if this is possible but can you file something with the state to put their license in jeopardy? or at least have to answer to a complaint?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                          Classic game of who done it. All who did it owe you on the damages.
                          Liable parties are:
                          1. Tow truck driver - he strapped down you bike incorrectly and caused damage.
                          2. Tow truck company - if different than the driver, they are the agent of the driver.
                          3. The person who called in the repo.

I'm sure you are doing what you can to investigate, hopefully they make you whole. If it doesn't workout hire a gun slinging lawyer(usually have a year to file a suit). You have great pictures, but DOCUMENT everything. Take notes on every phone call, etc. If you have to go to trial, it will be easier to paint the picture.

Not a single phone call was returned by the owner/registered agent. Never got past the receptionist even once. Was told that's his M.O. by a former employee.

Comment

any updates??? hows it going?

Comment

Let your insurance company fight it with the towing company. I would not have accepted it in that condition. Save the pics. Following.

Comment

I have been through this small claims court BS. I won a $5,000 judgement. Placed liens on his home and his business. I never saw a dime. A lawyer will cost you more than the judgement. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X