No announcement yet.

Preteen Bully at School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3) (this was the big one) IF YOU DO GET INTO A FIGHT AND GET BEAT UP, EXPECT YOUR BEATING TO BE FAR WORSE WHEN YOU GET HOME.
    Okay that's kind of weird.

There is always someone out there tougher than you and odds on you'll get your arse handed to you if you're a fighter.

Now if he had said START a fight that would be different.

Comment

Please dont listen to ignorant people. Keep being pro-active and continue communication with the school AND your little one. Stay up on the situation, and make sure that actions are taking place.

These threads always bring out the people that have watched too many movies, and havent dealt with real life experiences. Or they've had one experience, and think that makes them an expert.

I've seen Dads get their kids destroyed for some of these idiot responses. There are mean people out there that are bigger / stronger and tougher than you are. That's the way it is. That's life.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        Part of the problem now is the zero tolerance rules. My daughter had a girl in 6th grade that kept talking crap to her non stop. Turns out it was this girl that lived a few houses down that was a head shorter than her. When I asked my daughter why she let some little **** like that mess.with her she said she was afraid of getting in trouble at school if anything happened. Principal told them the rule was you have to be punched twice before you can retaliate. I told her I would deal with the principal if anything happened.

Shortly thereafter they had a heart to heart discussion and I haven't heard the girls name since.
        Should have punched the principal once and left.

Comment

To echo jer james's post - so everybody's "stand up to a bully story" ends heroically with the bully backing down for good? Mine did not quite turn out that way. I was a skinny beanpole 7th grader being bullied by a 8th grader who was already shaving. After taking the humiliation for weeks he cornered me and I snapped. I got two good shots in and actually knocked him down. (probably because he was so surprised) He popped up and commenced to give me a thumping that only ended when a teacher yanked him off me. Even though I got my arse thoroughly whipped I felt better about myself and discovered that getting beat up was something I could survive. My bully did not learn his lesson - he kept beating up people until he got expelled and his parents sent him to military school.

Comment

Unfortunately our society has created situations where there is no recourse to bullying. Zero tolerance policies and police presence in schools prevent dealing with bullying, same as it does in the workplace. Teachers and admin, for the most part, don't have the testicular fortitude to prevent bullying "until something happens". There are A LOT of people, kids included, that could use a good azz whipping.
            Case in point: My nephew, while in high school, had something stolen from his backpack. He found the thief in possession of it and told the teacher, who "didn't feel he had provided proof" that the item was his. He then did what anybody else would do, he claimed his stuff and a fist fight ensued. Both kids were suspended and issued tickets that had to be dealt with in JP court. Seriously? For a fisticuff in school?
            Did I mention zero tolerance is asinine and stupid? Make a frickin decision......

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Throat punch maybe?
              Lol, this is exactly what I was gonna say. You beat me to it AC

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                To echo jer james's post - so everybody's "stand up to a bully story" ends heroically with the bully backing down for good? Mine did not quite turn out that way. I was a skinny beanpole 7th grader being bullied by a 8th grader who was already shaving. After taking the humiliation for weeks he cornered me and I snapped. I got two good shots in and actually knocked him down. (probably because he was so surprised) He popped up and commenced to give me a thumping that only ended when a teacher yanked him off me. Even though I got my arse thoroughly whipped I felt better about myself and discovered that getting beat up was something I could survive. My bully did not learn his lesson - he kept beating up people until he got expelled and his parents sent him to military school.
                Not everybody's, but I'd wager the vast majority did, and would now except for a society that values litigation and schools that adhere to a no common sense "Zero Tolerance" policy. They only thing they have zero tolerance for is dealing with bullies.

Comment

Ask the bully to leave you alone
                  Tell the bully to leave you alone
                  Beat the bully senseless until he leaves you alone

Comment

I dealt with a boy physically bullying my daughter when she was in 3rd grade. After several meetings with the principal and counselor and them not seeming to take it seriously I went to our local police chief. I told the local police chief very calmly and respectfully that if the young man put his hands on my daughter again I would react as if the principal and the young mans dad had put there hands on my daughter.
                    The next day they completely removed the boy from all classes and activities that were the same as my daughter and he never messed with her again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      Ask the bully to leave you alone
                      Tell the bully to leave you alone
                      Beat the bully senseless until he leaves you alone
                      Or get beat up until you are senseless ...

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      Not everybody's, but I'd wager the vast majority did, and would now except for a society that values litigation and schools that adhere to a no common sense "Zero Tolerance" policy. They only thing they have zero tolerance for is dealing with bullies.
                      Vast majority of the bully situations that I grew up with ended with the bully winning. Because the bully knew what he was doing. I saw one kid literally power bombed on the concrete and taken to the hospital because his Dad told him to stand up to the wrong kid. The bully got 3 days out of school suspension and allowed back in school because the other kid threw the first punch and completely missed. He ended up in a neck brace and transferred schools.

There was another kid shoved in a football locker for talking back, and tried to stand up for himself. His Brother walked in, tried to defend him and ended up in the locker next to him.

I could go on.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Vast majority of the bully situations that I grew up with ended with the bully winning. Because the bully knew what he was doing. I saw one kid literally power bombed on the concrete and taken to the hospital because his Dad told him to stand up to the wrong kid. The bully got 3 days out of school suspension and allowed back in school because the other kid threw the first punch and completely missed. He ended up in a neck brace and transferred schools.

There was another kid shoved in a football locker for talking back, and tried to stand up for himself. His Brother walked in, tried to defend him and ended up in the locker next to him.

I could go on.
                        What’s a power bomb? Sounds pretty bad

Comment

Touchy subject in for answers. I’d personally tell my kids to go with the throat punch AC mentioned or a nut Kick tactic. Bully’s pick on the small people that have little chance of winning any fight so best chance of not getting destroyed Is a well placed cheap shot followed by a beating that would make people think you may be half crazy while there down. Not sure I would tell my kids to handle it this way but I’m lost as to what a better solution is. Really hard to believe all these stories of the bully out right getting beat up...
                          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 03-19-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

My son had a bully after him growing up. I told him he needed to protect himself and I would take it from there. Well he did and I did. It got a little ugly but that was the end of that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Throat punch maybe?
                              If they can't breath then they can't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

I could go on.

So you are saying our experiences differed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X