No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney / Lake Aquilla 07-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon that wasn't us. CB had his wife's truck that morning and rode with me that afternoon.
    Oh and you better quit keeping the deer out all night so we can see them Haha. Couldn't help that.

Hatchie, I'll do that. We were headed back to Burleson and Joshua before the evening hunt. Your right about people like that giving us a bad name.

Grizz, I don't think the people stayed home ... I think they all came to my location. LOL!

It sucked for me..

First I get to stand and a light shines back at me from about 50 yards away.(no biggie). Still seen a deer.

Second I bent 2 of my pins and busted the fiber optics out of them.

Third I Got bit by ants on my hand and have about 7 knots on it.

Fourth I lost my hat on way out last night and walked half way back to stand looking for it and said forget it. Got back to where I realized I lost it and there it was.

It'll get better when the moon is gone and All the guys that like to gun hunt go to there leases for general season.

Comment

my brother in law scored the first night, it was a spike but good enough for archery on public land in my books. i didnt have any luck since my hunt was interrupted by his calls for me to come help him drag out his buck. i think im going to wait until it cools down just a little more before i head back out.

Comment

Deer Processor

While I'm back east the *boy* wants to continue to hunt. I told him if he connects while I'm away, take the deer to a processor/butcher and let them cut up the deer. Anybody recommend a processor.

Also, a favor. While I'm away the *boy* and I will checkin in with each other when he hunts. If (God Forbid) something happens, I have GPS coordinates where he'll be hunting..anybody volunteer for rescue duty. I'll buy the dinner at the next CADO's meet! I have SB's,CB's and TexasG's phone number(s) already if one of ya'all want standby duty. Any of ya'all got GPS?

He's in college so he'll hunt Saturdays only. THX

Gosh..this is way to hot out there!

Comment

The state park was packed all weekend. My brother inlaw missed a spike this morning. Every thing I have seen comes in to early and leaves befor shooting light.

Comment

I m off all this week home to get some back strap.

Comment

Grizz, just give one of us a call. I think TG has a gps still. One way or another we'll find a way to help him.

I don't know about processor, I usually do my own. If he needs help I'd be glad to help, or TG can help with the name of the processor that he has used in the past.

Lw, good luck this week on the backstraps.

Comment

Originally posted by grizz View Post
                While I'm back east the *boy* wants to continue to hunt. I told him if he connects while I'm away, take the deer to a processor/butcher and let them cut up the deer. Anybody recommend a processor.

Also, a favor. While I'm away the *boy* and I will checkin in with each other when he hunts. If (God Forbid) something happens, I have GPS coordinates where he'll be hunting..anybody volunteer for rescue duty. I'll buy the dinner at the next CADO's meet! I have SB's,CB's and TexasG's phone number(s) already if one of ya'all want standby duty. Any of ya'all got GPS?

He's in college so he'll hunt Saturdays only. THX

Gosh..this is way to hot out there!
                Grizz, we haven't met and I'm about 1 1/2 hours away but I'm willing to help out if a crunch comes. cell 214-725-7556 BTW I have a gps as well...if the need comes.

Comment

Anybody hunting up river?
                  Last edited by Country; 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM.

Comment

No, theres no deer up there!

Comment

THX for the volunteer's! Appreciate it! He saya he'll hunt with ground blinds only so no risk of falling..but given its *the boy* you can't rule it out

Comment

River critter you forgot to say there's no hogs either

We're just playin Country..what area are you talking about?

Comment

Doe at least. Jerky, steak and stew meat

Doe. upriver Sat about 8:30.

Comment

Originally posted by grizz View Post

Grizz, just give me a call should the need arise (God forbid the need too). Never mind dinner. Don't make no difference to me what time it is. I'll go get him. I bet I can find him with out my GPS, . Give him my cell number too.

As for processors, I have one I sometimes use when I get in a jam for time. But he's in Joshua/N. Cleburne. Make outstanding spicy wild hog breakfast sausage . No extra charge for grinding , its included with basic processing . Dose each animal individualy . Cut anyway ya like . He does charge extra for sausage, tammalies, jerky, ect. He retired, 25 years, as a butcher for Krogers about 10 years ago. Be sure to tell him or his wife I sent ya.

Cecil & Lydia Kornegay
                            Kornegay Custom Deer Processing and Custom Smoking
                            3902 N. Main (Hwy. 174 N) (just north of North Cleburne Ford)
                            Bus. 817-641-6919
                            Cell 817-919-9234

Comment

I mostly hunt H1. You might be right about the no deer thought. Only saw one buck when I went Sunday evening. Was gonna go this morning but couldn't get my dead butt out of bed. I use a boat to get in so I dont see many folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Grizz, just give me a call should the need arise (God forbid the need too). Never mind dinner. Don't make no difference to me what time it is. I'll go get him. I bet I can find him with out my GPS, . Give him my cell number too.
                                I REALLY appreciate ya'all steppin up! The wife would never forgive me if he got hurt huntin while I was away!
                                I'll give him SB,CB and your number since he knows ya'all by sight. Shadow, Thx for the offer!!! Come to the next get together, I'll buy a round for all!

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                As for processors, I have one I sometimes use when I get in a jam for time. But he's in Joshua/N. Cleburne. Make outstanding spicy wild hog breakfast sausage . No extra charge for grinding , its included with basic processing . Dose each animal individualy . Cut anyway ya like . He does charge extra for sausage, tammalies, jerky, ect. He retired, 25 years, as a butcher for Krogers about 10 years ago. Be sure to tell him or his wife I sent ya.

Cecil & Lydia Kornegay
                                Kornegay Custom Deer Processing and Custom Smoking
                                3902 N. Main (Hwy. 174 N) (just north of North Cleburne Ford)
                                Bus. 817-641-6919
                                Cell 817-919-9234
                                Cleburne is fine! I'll make sure I mention your name and put something extra on the bill!

Comment

Working...
                                X