Interesting Truck Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W E H View Post
    He told me they offered $35000 for it. And that’s what he’d sell it to me for.
    Thats in the ball park of what i was expecting

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
      50-55k in a SRW, I’ve been looking at the same truck but in a short bed. With X-Plan pricing I can get a pretty fully loaded XLT for the same price if I order it from Ford. Most likely going that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      DANG, I only paid 47,000 out the door for this truck!

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
        He told me they offered $35000 for it. And that’s what he’d sell it to me for.

That seems like a very good buy price in today’s market. It’s also nice that it’s your buddy’s truck and you know the history on it.

Comment

Originally posted by surso View Post
          That seems like a very good buy price in today’s market. It’s also nice that it’s your buddy’s truck and you know the history on it.

This. If you're in the market for a truck that one seems like a no-brainer. You get trade-in pricing and don't have to kick a thousand Craigslist tires, plus you know all the history.

Comment

He must not realize the tax savings he is giving away for as a trade in or he is a good friend and doesnt care.

Comment

162,000 miles divided by 5 years is 32,400 miles per year.

I ballparked Id pay $27000 at auto auction. I reasoned dealership offered 32-35k. Make the deal.

Ive a 2015 with 175k. Great engines. Great trucks. Great overall availability of parts…OEM, aftermarket, or reclaimed.

Good luck MrWEH
              Last edited by Briar Friar; 12-01-2021, 12:11 AM. Reason: NoOtherSpake

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                He must not realize the tax savings he is giving away for as a trade in or he is a good friend and doesnt care.
                He knows. He will still get his tax savings. The dealer will just do an “in and out” sale. I’ll have to pay the dealer a fee to do it. Around here it ranges between free and $500. I’ll just write my check to the dealer not him.

I’ve got about 10 days to decide. His new one is getting a few things done to it before he picks it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  162,000 miles divided by 5 years is 32,400 miles per year.

I ballparked Id pay $27000 at auto auction. I reasoned dealership offered 32-35k. Make the deal.

Ive a 2015 with 175k. Great engines. Great trucks. Great overall availability of parts…OEM, aftermarket, or reclaimed.

Good luck MrWEH
                  I figured dealer would still make money if he ran through auction. My guess is dealer would put it on the lot for mid $forties or more.

My dealer buddies around here say the auctions they go to are too high to buy (that was a few months ago)

I’m trying to find my son a 1/2 ton crew cab 4x4 with a nicer one. But everything I’m seeing (they’re seeing) is just crazy high. I bought a 3/4 ton dodge 4x4 crew for him but it is too big for where he needs to park it.
                  PM if you have access to some nicer 1/2 tons like that.
                  Thanks
                  WEH

Comment

Working...
                  X