X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    All joking aside.

Kelly will be successful at LSU.

When people bring up his failures in the playoffs to Bama - who wasn’t getting pounded by Bama? It’s a real topic to be able to recruit in in the south w/o restrictions compared to ND. He’s a smart guy and will bring a lot more to the table than Coach O. He will bring discipline and structure to a new level that has not been at LSU in a while. It’s a good hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely agree with this. Kelly will do well. I think this is the best hire of all the recent hires.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      Looks like Cumbie is finally going to get his chance at being a HC. I think he'll be better in that role than OC personally.
      Where?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Do you really think you are going to get a truthful answer from this group?

Bama and Ga. are the only schools in the SEC that have coaches on par with Kelly.

Kelly has never had the opportunity to get the talent that will be available to him at LSU. We will know by season #2 how well it turned out.

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        If Kiffin loads up on LSU talent Saban will start filling out those retirement papers

You left out your Lane. He must be on par with Kelly too.

Comment

It’s an all in mentality.
          I completely agree. One of things I have admired about A&M is their all in mentality when it comes to the SEC. They have pushed all their chips on the table to the middle and said we are here for the party. They have made a commitment to the staff, players, facilities, etc. and it seems everyone is focused on trying to win.

I am hoping that Texas can get serious about fixing his football problem as they enter the SEC and get back to being an elite program.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Where?
            La Tech. Not sure if it's officially been announced

Comment

You left out your Lane. He must be on par with Kelly too.

He is not a great all around coach. But, he is a great offensive mind. That alone drives Saban nutty. Especially a running QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I don't measure peters with the Aggies...I herd them.. Bob and the Techsters were measuring peters with the Aggies....

Of course your "we're coming baw" pumping up O the last two offseasons was so spot on and accurate you have very little room to talk about quality though..
                I don't measure peters with Aggy. I just rattle their cage unintentionally.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Ok all jabs aside, would you not agree he’s a LARGE step ahead of O and les hires?

I forgot to say yes to this. I'm just not sure HOW successful he can be. He's been at a pretty talent rich school as it is....especially on the lines...

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    Looks like Cumbie is finally going to get his chance at being a HC. I think he'll be better in that role than OC personally.
                    Yeah im happy for him. Hope he does well. Now who to bring in as OC. It's a little homer but i would love to have Graham Harrell. Lincoln probably likes him too though

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      I don't measure peters with Aggy. I just rattle their cage unintentionally.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      lol and I do it intentionally.

Comment

Incentives can push to over $100 Million

Comment

Comment

I think Kelly is a good hire. Provide those Louisiana boys with some needed structure and discipline. My only concern would be his age.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                              I'm surprised Kelly didn't leave long before this. The coach at ND Can't make more than the Chancelor. How much could that be 2mil. Who is going to take that program for that? Unless there is some under the table money the best they can hope for is a FCS coach.

He was making 2.6 million which I thought was nuts when I read that. He must have really liked that gig and had some Gary Patterson like under the table stuff going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I don't measure peters with the Aggies...I herd them.. Bob and the Techsters were measuring peters with the Aggies....

Of course your "we're coming baw" pumping up O the last two offseasons was so spot on and accurate you have very little room to talk about quality though..
                                Eaux was a champ. Got a natty, hot young blondes, and left with many millions.
                                What else can you expect? A choir boy? Now, Woody just hired one of those to settle things down. Kelly will be around to open the SEC door for you and Sark.

May even give you a big old Kansas Jayhawk welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X