Bow grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow grip

One my Bob Lees is a tad slippery in the hand. Mostly because I have sweaty hands, but the finish does not have any "tacky" to it at all.

Recommend me a good leather grip to put on it.

I make leather grips for my long bows which have a straighter handle but after several tries I gave up on making one for my Bob Lee which has a medium grip. Just never could get it to sit right. Finally just started using camo grip tape you can buy by the roll at Academy. It covers up some pretty wood I paid extra for but it works well when I get sweaty palms.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I make leather grips for my long bows which have a straighter handle but after several tries I gave up on making one for my Bob Lee which has a medium grip. Just never could get it to sit right. Finally just started using camo grip tape you can buy by the roll at Academy. It covers up some pretty wood I paid extra for but it works well when I get sweaty palms.
      Makes sense. Thanks Jerp.

Comment

Tennis or baseball grip tape- Academy Sports

Comment

Golf or batting glove is what I use.
          My grips with learher are beaver tail.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wet leather is stretchy and will conform to odd shapes. I use thin leather, cut it to width but leave a little long, wet it, wrap it around the grip, then use an Ace bandage to wrap the leather and hold it tightly to the bow. After letting it dry for a few days I take the Ace bandage off and trim the extra leather off. How I trim it is determined by if I will be gluing it on or lacing it on. For a glued on grip I will skive the side that will overlap the other. For laced on, I punch the hole pattern on each side and lace it up. I haven't done many, but the bows that I have done turned out pretty nice looking.

Comment

I use the leather tennis racket wrap. I have to order on Amazon.

Comment

Grip works great! Got some great 20 and 25 yards groups this morning. Much more consistent.

Comment

Leather is good, normally I just cut a piece of bicycle inner tube and stretch it on. Works good in the summer with sweaty hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know Bob Sarrels has some "stippled handles" on his bows. i have no idea if its possible but it might be if you know how its done and it looks pretty sweet!

Comment

Working...
                    X