No announcement yet.

Golf Cart Power Option Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, what battery/kit did you end up going with?

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
      Awesome, what battery/kit did you end up going with?
      Getting more conflicting info on the feasibility of swapping to 48v but if I can, it'll be the EcoBattery I think at about $1,800 for the 48-110ah with charger then a controller on top of that.

Comment

Golf Cart Power Option Overload

Art be careful on pre made battery packs. Many of their BMS systems will not allow enough current for a sustained period and will shut the cart down.

My cart is 48V lithium and I regularly see 125-150 amps when climbing slight hills so if you really get it in a bind off road you could probably easily see 300 amps and most BMS systems on the pre made packs will only allow that for short inrush times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Art be careful on pre made battery packs. Many of their BMS systems will not allow enough current for a sustained period and will shut the cart down.

My cart is 48V lithium and I regularly see 125-150 amps when climbing slight hills so if you really get it in a bind off road you could probably easily see 300 amps and most BMS systems on the pre made packs will only allow that for short inrush times.

Thanks. I really feel like I'm in over my head on this.
          Maybe I'll go back to converting to gas. At least I understand how that works!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post

It’s really not that difficult. Not the caveat to that is I do electrical and electronics by trade.

No way I would tackle converting an electric cart to gas. I would sell the electric first. Plus a modified electric cart will have way more torque than a gas.

Comment

should be good on the big battery, if i recall their bms is good for about 450 amps.

Comment

Went ahead and ordered the BB.com GATR 36v kit. I got 10% off bringing it to $1879 shipped. I'll probably do brushes and wires and call it good for now.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  should be good on the big battery, if i recall their bms is good for about 450 amps.

The one I saw was 300amps for 30 seconds.

Comment

Went ahead and ordered the BB.com GATR 36v kit. I got 10% off bringing it to $1879 shipped. I'll probably do brushes and wires and call it good for now.

I hope it works for you Art. I don’t think you are going to see a huge difference until you upgrade your controller and motor.

Comment

Good luck op keep us posted!
                      Last edited by Mission408; 11-03-2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

A/C motor & controller conversion & new batteries, lithium is most expensive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I hope it works for you Art. I don’t think you are going to see a huge difference until you upgrade your controller and motor.

I would expect a more usable duration and saving 262 pounds has got to count for something.

Comment

I think you will notice a big difference over all. The weight loss will make the cart feel much better. Down the road you may want to upgrade controller/motor. But what I have noticed is my cart does not have to work as hard with less weight.
                            Keep us updated!

Comment

Just took my first test drive with the Lithium pack installed and boy'o'boy what a difference.
                              Went to back it out of the garage and it spun the tires.
                              I timed a lap around my neighborhood with the fully charged FLA's before the swap and compared it to the lithium and picked up 5MPH over the nearly mile long course.

Next step is making some 2ga cables and testing again to see if I pick up any more.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X