Trigger for a 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger for a 700

I'm looking to buy a trigger for my remington 700 everything is nice on the gun except the 6lb trigger . I'm wanting something in the 2-2.5 lb I'm planning on doing some long range shooting . What are yall's suggestions would like to keep it reasonably priced as possible .
    Thanks Anthony

Timney is probably the best all around for the $$$ in that weight class.

I prefer the jewell & would go that route for another extra $50 & there are some new kids on the block & even more expensive so see no reason to mention.

Comment

TriggerTech

Comment

Trigger tech is gonna be hard to beat

Comment

Triggertech or timney.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

For reasonably priced, Trigger Tech and Timney as stated are your best bets. IMO, the TT is the the better of the two for several reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Timney is probably the best all around for the $$$ in that weight class.

I prefer the jewell & would go that route for another extra $50 & there are some new kids on the block & even more expensive so see no reason to mention.
              TriggerTech Primary claimed that honor a couple years ago. Before that I’d have said Timney in a heartbeat. Both can be had for $130-140, and both are great options. The TT Primary is just a hair cleaner.

Comment

Sorry, I don't own a tt & have only looked at their upper end line & didn't know they offered an entry to compete with like the 510 & timney does have great CS. I would buy whatever is cheapest for a 2-2.5lb weight & would actually be happy with a tuned original 700 / 40x for much less $$$$ in that weight range if money was an issue.

I've heard good things about the bix'n andy as well but am old school & like (just used to) the jewell trigger shoe & haven't had a bad one yet.

Comment

Jewell

Comment

Another vote for triggertech.

Comment

triggertech

Comment

Timney Calvin elite.

Timney 510-517 along with the trigger tech primary and special are decent.

Jewel HVE and Timney CE are my favorites.

Mind if I ask why you are wanting 2-2.5 lbs? Get that down to 1-1.5 lbs and it’ll sure help you. But takes some of the cheaper triggers out of the equation. The Timney 510/517 can’t safely go under 1.5

Comment

Never heard of trigger tech? Do they fit good? I have two Timneys I had to modify the stocks to get it to fit..

Comment

Trigger Tech

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Timney Calvin elite.

Timney 510-517 along with the trigger tech primary and special are decent.

Jewel HVE and Timney CE are my favorites.

Mind if I ask why you are wanting 2-2.5 lbs? Get that down to 1-1.5 lbs and it’ll sure help you. But takes some of the cheaper triggers out of the equation. The Timney 510/517 can’t safely go under 1.5
                              I'd be good with 1-1.5 but I want it to be safe .

Comment

Working...
                              X