No announcement yet.

My Son Is Seven Months Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for all involved. That is a tough, but doable haul. I wish him the best.
    Bless y'all for being there for him.

Comment

Good on you for getting him help. I will be 10 months sober on the 14th of this month God willing. One day at a time but you said it..."our God is mighty to save". Every day gets better, will be praying for his recovery.

Comment

I have a friend who's son went through this---many years ago. He now owns his own business and has a "half-way house" for recovering addicts. Sounds like a very similar situation to me.

Knee mail sent for your family -- and for strength for your son.

Comment

congrats to your son, and your family.

The temptation is real, as the most important day is TODAY. My advice for your son: (1) stay busy. For the individual who is new to recovery, an idle mind is the worst enemy. Often times, he/she doesn't have enough strength or courage to say NO to the demons. (2) Associate with people in recovery as they will be your immediate support group. Going out or doing things alone is risky business. (3) Find new playgrounds and playmates. Our way of doing things in the past never worked and often times led to relapse. (4) Fake it til you make it .... immerse yourself into recovery and make a commitment to stay sober today. My worst days sober are 1000 x's better than my best days using. Sobriety is a whole different world as it gets better when You Let Go and Let God.

Most of this is program talk and your son will understand. I've been clean and sober since 12-27-87 ... 32 yrs. Have your son reach out to me if he needs any support and has questions ... https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=testimony

Comment

Lots of folks here are praying and pulling for your son. God bless your son, and you and all of your family as you support his journey. Our God is Mighty to save indeed.

Comment

So good to hear this story. Praising God for the work He’s begun and excited to see how He chooses to use this young man!

Comment

All things possible through Jesus! yes sir! thanks for posting too

Comment

That's awesome brother! All glory to God!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. Going through this right now with my younger brother. Story sounds very similar.

He's been at a facility now for almost a month. I hope they both stay with it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome your son to the brotherhood- it’s the coolest club that no one ever wanted to be a part of..... This go around I’ve got almost 2 1/2 years, I’m 35 and often wish that I had gotten sober a decade ago. But I am also very grateful for the life that I lived because it has helped build me into the man I have become. I would have never met my wife and had my two incredible sons because my life circumstances put me where I needed to be. God was looking out for me long before I could ever look out for myself and knew exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it. Tell him that life becomes normal again and the further out you get the more you become the man that God intended you to be. Congratulations to him! This is my 3rd go around.... and he may stumble, be there to pick him back up.

Flex, we’re close- if you need someone who’s been there and done that to talk to about what the process looks like you’ve got my number. I’m also very plugged into Waco AA and would be happy to introduce him to some meetings when he gets back.

Comment

My Son Is Seven Months Sober

Thank you for sharing. He has a lot of support here he may not know he has.

Comment

love these success stories. Congrats to your son and props to you for being a Father.

Comment

Clinical addiction is real and it's horrible. I'm so happy to hear he is doing well.

Comment

Congratulations to your son, please show him this thread and really read what Blake wrote. It only works if you keep working it. I'll keep him in my prayers along with all the people in recovery and those that need recovery.

Comment

My best friend is 40 yrs sober July 4th, it can be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X