Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Tablitas

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
    Used to be a staple at the deer lease and dove hunts. Although dad would season them himself. I've tried marinated ones from different places and haven't been happy with any of them. The marinades tend to burn.

Man, you are the first I have heard say that about the marinades. On the flip side, I’m not a fan of the non marinated ones we have to season ourselves. Might as well buy ribeyes. Azteca’s marinade is what makes them for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      ...pleas quit...

Not going to comply! Never heard of them till this thread but I'll pay whatever it takes.
      Yea and Carniceria Carmelita there in Mansfield has some of the best I have bought.

Comment

just have to follow along, I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I love the **** things....Azteca's marinated are like beef crack No question I would pay $6/lb. Hell they have been close to that for a while.

[ATTACH]1005213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1005214[/ATTACH]
          Gosh, that looks like heaven!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
            Gosh, that looks like heaven!!!

Those mesquite coals make them pop!

Comment

I’m guilty of pushing the demand up. Those suckers are good eating

Comment

Tabilitas are one of our favorite meals at camp. As far as skirt steak and sweetbreads it’s not the hombres that drove the price up it’s the rich hombres we grew up eating them as did my parents these were cheap meals basically scrap and pretty much only the poor people bought them. I used to buy sweetbreads for .03c a lb and now it’s $3-$4 a lb.

Comment

I'll just keep paying what they charge....them suckers are too good to let a little ol' thing like money get in the way.

Comment

costillas de 4 guesos,,, now i get you all...
                    Last edited by ace340cs; 05-27-2020, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      I’m guilty of pushing the demand up. Those suckers are good eating
                      #metoo tablita movement

Comment

Dang never had these did just smoke a rack of short ribs and they were better than any brisket. That said that day I bought them I paid 5.99lb for whole rack of short ribs. 3.99 lb for a brisket and 11.99 lb for a whole tenderloin. Hamburger in the case was 6.99 lb it’s nuts

Comment

I've never had short ribs or tablitas.

Now I want some of both.

Can we get a tablita rub recipe?

I have never seen tablitas for sale around here, but I may have overlooked them at the supermercado.

Comment

I eat them for appetizers or even a full meal just about every time I’m grilling at the lease.

Like the others have said, I prefer the already seasoned ones. You can buy the la Azteca seasonings and marinades in certain stores.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              I've never had short ribs or tablitas.

Now I want some of both.

Can we get a tablita rub recipe?

I have never seen tablitas for sale around here, but I may have overlooked them at the supermercado.
                              Go to the La Azteca grocery store nearest you and get the already seasoned ones.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                                but I may have overlooked them at the supermercado.

if you have a mercado I bet you have them

Comment

Working...
                                X